Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Trying to finish this thing.... desperate
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:15 am 

Alright, so a couple of weeks ago i posted a thread here about building my first pc.
The case has been standing 5 feet away from me for several weeks not being in use which of course makes me kinda sad, but i recently think i found out what the problem was and i need your help.

So far the motherboard: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/prod ... s_z87a.jpg has been installed with a 4770k cpu and the cpu fan.

Here's the problem, do i need to plug in all these cables http://www.custompcreview.com/wp-conten ... iew-25.jpg into my case for it to start? it's the cm storm stryker btw.

If that's the case i haven't found a spot for the cables you see on the left side from AC'97 cable. Could you please explain to me where those would fit into the asus z87-a motherboard because i can't find the proper spots for them. I also need help to get the fans to work. I know how to install the rest (gpu, psu and harddrive) so please help me with those cables and the fans :)

Please provide pictures, makes it so much easier for me to understand.

Post subject: Re: Trying to finish this thing.... desperate
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:15 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

If I were to make a guess, in order from right to left: fan connector, fan connector, fan connector, 4-pin molex power. So judging by the manual, you're supposed to plug in the fans into those fan connectors and the 4-pin molex connector to your PSU.

I can't provide pictures because 1. I don't own that case and 2. I would be feeding you fish. You should be able to figure this out.

Post subject: Re: Trying to finish this thing.... desperate
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Latios is right. If you have read the motherboard manual, you would know where the header wires should plug in. Otherwise, your case power button and front panel connectors won't work.