I built my current machine in 2010. I did my best (and drained the bank) to find the best available components and fit it all in a well ventilated mid-tower case.
Over the past couple of years I've upgraded my card 1x to the current GTX 680 Classified. My system drive is a (hot at the time) Corsair 128Gb Extreme Edition SSD. I'd like to have a little more room and am wondering if I upgraded to 256gb, can get a performance boost in the process?
I've heard a little about RevoDrives...
Is this worth looking into? (Seems like I heard they were buggy and a pain to install Windows to).
Is there a regular drive that (even though my board is SATA II) can give me a bump in performance? (my preferred path)
Is it worth investing in a new, top of the line Graphics card?
This system has aged so gracefully... it still rips along pretty good and is very well balanced. It is stable as a rock and has not crashed or let me down a single time!
I'm certain I could take my stable overclock (4Ghz) a little further...
Below are my specs and a couple of pics. Many thanks!
• Case: Antec 902 Mid Tower. 200mm Top Fan / 2, 120mm Front Fans / 1, 120mm Rear Fan
• Power Supply: Corsair HX1000, 1000 Watt, Modular
• Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
• Mainboard: EVGA E760 Classified 3X-SLI Intel 1366 X58 with Dual Noise Blocker 40x10mm fans on North Bridge Cooler
• CPU: Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition 3.33GHz LGA 1366 Hexa-Core with Hyperthreading and Turbo Boost Technology (@4Ghz)
• CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Megashadow with Dual Noise Blocker 120x25mm PWM fans
• Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Classified, 4GB Memory
• Memory: Mushkin Redline Ridgeback 999000 - 3x4GB, DDR3-12800 / 1600MHz @ 7-8-7-24
• Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional PCIE
• System Drive: Corsair 128GB Extreme Edition SSD
• Storage Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD
• Optical Drive 1: Lite-On SATA BD / DVD / CD ROM
• Optical Drive 2: Lite-On 24X SATA DVD / CD Writer
• Case Mods: Cold Cathode Lighting w/ Front Panel LED Rocker Switches / Digital Ambient Case Temp Display / Custom Side Window