Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I need some help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:05 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Hey everyone,

So, a little about me, I like to game but I am not a hardcore gamer, I play BF4 and probably plan on play Elder Scrolls Online, I like my games pretty but I don't really care about squeezing out every last bit of detail. As long as I have a decent steady framerate of 60+ on high or above, then I am okay. So right now I own

Asus Sabertooth 55i (1156) mobo
Intel I7 870
MSI Twin Frozr 2gb 6950
Corsair 8gb

Which isn't a bad setup, it really isn't but I want more but cannot afford it. I was just curious if this setup, that I've been looking at would perform a lot better than what I have now.

When Released MSI A88x-G45
A10-7700K or 6800K
R9 270X

Then I'd use the same ram as I have now and upgrade is a little bit. Now I know that Intel my perform better but I just cannot afford it.

Thanks for all the information guys, it's much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: I need some help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:18 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Given the i7-870's performance against the last gen A10-5800K and AMD's track record of late, I feel the A10's performance will either match or go slightly better, but not enough to warrant an upgrade. If anything, most games are still GPU bottlenecked, so just get the video card and see how much that improves performance before going for a system overhaul.

EDIT: Anandtech threw up a review on the A10-7600 and 7850K and it trades blows with the Core i3-3225 performance wise (both raw CPU and CPU + iGPU), which is on on par a little with the i7-820 (the i7 performs a bit better in multi-threaded tasks). I'd wait for more reviews though.