Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: audio setup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:57 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Hi guys,
i was thinking of buying the a40s with the mixamp but just found out that it wouldn't in my setup.
I currently have a computer with a Xonar D1 installed, a ps3 and corsair sp2500 speakers and maybe ps4 replacing the ps3 on the way.
I'd like my setup so be all re run so that 1 unit controls everything. I use my computer as my primary and the ps3 as a secondary. chat functions will be via my computer with the option of switching back to the ps3 chat, and the sound output being my speakers or the headset.

i'll draw up a diagram showing what connections are on what i have in a bit.

if further clarification is needed happy to clear it up

sorry if this is the wrong way to post an image but the attachments function wasn't working

Thanks,
Kenny

Post subject: Re: audio setup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Well first let's narrow this down to a common interface. If you want to go with a passive interface, then everything can connect via 3.5mm TRS connectors. With that, you could just jerry rig a switch box using some wires and DPDT switches (I built a 5.1 surround sound switch with stereo re-routing this way). Although I do see the PS3 might bring up an issue if you're using a USB based headset. Even then, you could do the same thing, just with USB headers. With the PS4 you can use standard 3.5mm headsets through the controller, so that may be a non-issue.

Of course, if you want everything to go out through one set of speakers at the same time, you'll need a mixer.