I'm just another newbie trying to build his first pc . So, here is the case : http://www.legitreviews.com/images/revi ... er_004.jpg
Nah, just kidding!
Here is the case, I want to build a super computer that will last for LONG. I'm a programmer, gamer and a musician so I need my PC to be able to run multiple programs at once, have decent graphics and a bit of above average audio support.
Budget: 1900 euros MAX!
Take a look at the parts I've choosen and then I will give you some more info : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1E87z
The actual monitor I want to buy is this : LG MONITOR 27EA73LM-P
Now let me justify the selection of these components:
- CPU: I need a fast one, not too expensive, and compatible with the motherboard
- Motherboard: I love the fact that it's got 8 ram slots. By the time 16Gigs becomes "the minimum ram you need" , I will just throw in another set of 4x4Gigs. It also has the audio support I need "Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2, Lossless 24-bit/192KHz HD Audio".
- RAM: Well, I think 16Gigs of ram is more than enough. Four modules of ram to take advantage of the motherboard's quad channel support.
- SSD: From my past experience, 500GB or storage is all I need. Mainly because I have the habit of deleting useless files/programs quite often. Choosing an SSD for extra speed!
- Case: Compatible with motherboard. Looks AWESOME!
- Power supply: Maybe 600W are WAY more than I need. However, I plan on getting graphics card in the future...
- Optical drive: I just need one....
- Monitor: My gf uses this monitor and it is very good. Large screen to fit two windows side by side (very helpful for programming and watching movies
- Keyboard: Just a regular keyboard. I like the fact that is has a touchpad. When you need to stand back you won't have to take the mouse with you.
- Mouse: My gf also uses it. It works on many surfaces.
- Speakers: I'm not really sure if I'll get those, the seem fine for now.
My questions to you:
- What am I missing?
- Are all the components compatible?
- Is there anything a bit more expensive with great gain?
- Is there anything a bit less expensive with the same gain?
- What about the power supply?
- Do I need a cpu cooler? I know the default one does the job, but does a better cooler help cpu run faster or live longer?
Thank you all for your help!