Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CM HAF X vs Corsair 800D
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 pm 

Planning a new build sometime in the future and starting to look at cases. I like full tower cases (and have come to terms with a massiveness of full towers) and have pretty much decided to get a HAF X or an Obsidian 800D.

I have a HAF 932 now and I love it. Roomy, cool, and very quiet right out of the box. BUT, routing the cables behind the MB plate is a little crowded, and I have to force the right hand case cover just a little to get it to into place. Also, since the HD mounts crosswise to the case, 90 degree SATA cables are a must.

Don't know if the X addresses any of these items. Also looking at the 800D. I like the looks and it appears that their is more room for cables and the HD mounting is lengthwise, so at least their is a possibility I won't need the 90 deg connecters. The claim was made this is also a quiet case. However, the 800D is $100 more than the X.

Aesthetics aside, I was wondering what your experiences were with these two cases and what specific things you liked or disliked about them.

Thanks!