Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CM storm stryker,changing the back fan and adding a cpu fan?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 am 

Hello, in a few days i am going to purchase the cooler master storm stryker big tower and i was wondering if i should change out the back fan for a noctua nf-f12 and add a cpu cooler like the noctua nh-d14.

Also i have never changed pc case before (the pc i bought was pre built) so i am wondering how to get everything out of my current computer case and put it in the storm stryker.

The main reason why i am going to change case is because my gpu and cpu get so hot after just a few minutes of playing games that require a good amount of power from both my gpu and cpu so i get graphical glitches, like big pillars, and those are really annoying. I got the msi gtx 680 and the i7 2600 (non k edition) so i am able to run all of my games maxed out, but because my current case has such a bad cooling system it just doesn't work at all.

But yea is it worth to change the back fan and add a cpu cooler aswell? i am planning to upgrade my cpu to a i7 4000 series one so that's one of the reasons why am buying the cpu cooler so i can overclock it to like 4-4.2 Ghz.

I already know that i need a new motherboard for that so fear not :)