Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: putting more ram in.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:22 pm 

I am a video editor and Visual fx artist so i need good PC. I have 2 23 inch monitors and a good PC as it is. But lately its been severely lagging. seriously I have to wait to to see what I have typed. its a 2011-2012 windows 7 computer. I exported a 90 minuet convocation i did for a client and since then its shown some lack of speed but only until today its been painfully obvious. I have needed to put more RAM in it for some time and now its the right time but I want to do my research before I screw up. I have my eyes on the Corsair Vengance 16gb. The computer I have now has about maybe 4gb. 16 gbs is good for editing but I'm like said I'm also a Visual Effects artist, and most people I've heard say to go with 32gbs of ram. I am willing to make that purchase how ever I need to know everything that is required to do so. Is it over doing it do i need to get coolers, everything. The computer was given to me by my grand father and its one you buy at walmart. It has AMD Athlon II windows 7 with a Nividia graphics card. tell me everything I need to know before its too late.

Post subject: Re: putting more ram in.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:51 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Honestly I think some general system cleanup is in order before going after hardware upgrades. If the computer is being slow, the first thing that should be done is a clean up.