Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Computer Case
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:44 am 

Im new to building a computer and any advice would be appreciated. Im looking to build my own pc and money is not a problem however I want something that will last. Im looking into buying a computer case that has enough storage room to support anything Id really want to do with it. I do not really care for extra led lights. So what is the best case for amount of room and quality.

Post subject: Re: Computer Case
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:07 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Cases are so hard to suggest - mainly because it's hard to guess what people want with I/O ports, case fan options, etc. More importantly, you're the one that will be staring at it, not me.

But...based on your comments I would suggest one of the Corsair models: 600T, 650D, 800D is what I'm really thinking, and the 900D. Similar to the 800D (but with USB 3.0) is the Lian Li PC-9f.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

If you want something that's really roomy, you'll need to look at FullATX cases. These cases are typically over 3 feet tall and supports all the bells and whistles you could want as far as guts go (of course, drive mounts limiting that part).

Corsair is probably the best bang for the buck in this regard. Silverstone and Lian-Li do make nice cases, but they come with an exorbitant price tag. If you're looking for something sturdy as well, you'll want something that's completely made with metal with some plastic finishing and nothing with a front panel door (I believe these are just asking for trouble).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:32 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I'd disagree for 100 bucks on new egg got the HAF 922. Mid tower ATX case able to support 12 inch GPUs with room to spare. I think if your set on a mid tower it could work.