Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Super Noob
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:43 pm 

Not quite sure that this is the right section but, seems pretty close at least:) redirect me if I'm wrong.
--
Ok, so I've just about got my AA and I'm about start a real college to get a degree in film. While I'm there I'm planning on starting a youtube channel. I'm going to be doing high end effects, redering, editing, using things like after effects and final cut pro x. etc etc. I'm also a big time gamer but, my computer kinda sucks..

I've been thinking that I would wait to build my pc because, a year or two from now I'm sure there'l be better stuff out and I want the most up to date computer, within reason. However, I realized that I could just replace anything down the road correct? -- If I want a better graphics card I can just switch out..? I know I can add ram easily. What about getting a different cooling system or a different os. etc etc.

Is this all easily done after I have the computer setup? Also what parts do I need? Do I need a capture card to record better because, fraps kinda sucks. 'Super noob' is kind of an understatement.. as I don't even really know what parts are necessary. I've googled it but, I don't want to spend a bunch of money and mess everything up.

Oh, I also want to overclock my pc when I'm done because, that makes everything run at max basically correct?

Post subject: Re: Super Noob
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:23 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

This will probably be merged with your last topic, but anyway...

H3arts wrote:
I've been thinking that I would wait to build my pc because, a year or two from now I'm sure there'l be better stuff out and I want the most up to date computer, within reason. However, I realized that I could just replace anything down the road correct? -- If I want a better graphics card I can just switch out..? I know I can add ram easily. What about getting a different cooling system or a different os. etc etc.

For the most part yes, but not the processor. LGA1155 is a dead end since Intel is release the 4000 series Core processors next month.

Quote:
Is this all easily done after I have the computer setup? Also what parts do I need? Do I need a capture card to record better because, fraps kinda sucks. 'Super noob' is kind of an understatement.. as I don't even really know what parts are necessary. I've googled it but, I don't want to spend a bunch of money and mess everything up.

Depends on how well building your PC goes, because it's pretty much remove part, install new part. And removing is usually the opposite action of installing. Capture cards only work with external interfaces, so if you're planning on recording from your console or something, then getting one is pointless.

Quote:
Oh, I also want to overclock my pc when I'm done because, that makes everything run at max basically correct?

Overclocking the CPU only helps with applications that use it. Games don't really use the CPU, it's mostly the GPU. And yes you can overclock the GPU.