Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help me with this PC?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:23 am 

Hello guys, i am new to this building PC and i just built my new PC and it is not good and it is overheating very much, and my motherboard is killing my PC, specially my HDDs, one HDD is Detected in BIOS and getting S.M.A.R.T capable but command failed, other one is OK, but the POST is very slow and after the monitor shuts down the processor shuts down 2 or 3 secs later. and i am trying to upgrade my PC.

My Spec :
CPU : AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition(i think)
Motherboard : MSI 880GM -E35 MS7641
GPU : AMD ATI Radeon HD 6570
Memory : 2x 4GB

And i am looking at this ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard but it cannot support my AMD processor, i am very low on money and i want Intel CPU cause i like to play and use my CPU a lot. like use heavy softwares that uses CPU and GPU much. My current CPU heats very much, on idle is 40C and when gaming or using heavy software it is 53C or above. can anyone help me out, i am desperate with this PC. HELP ME??? hehe

Post subject: Re: Help me with this PC?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 am 

How did you arrange the parts? Are they near each other?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am 
Team Member
Team Member

DashAki1 wrote:
Hello guys, i am new to this building PC and i just built my new PC and it is not good and it is overheating very much, and my motherboard is killing my PC, specially my HDDs, one HDD is Detected in BIOS and getting S.M.A.R.T capable but command failed, other one is OK, but the POST is very slow and after the monitor shuts down the processor shuts down 2 or 3 secs later. and i am trying to upgrade my PC.

My Spec :
CPU : AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition(i think)
Motherboard : MSI 880GM -E35 MS7641
GPU : AMD ATI Radeon HD 6570
Memory : 2x 4GB

And i am looking at this ASUS P9X79 Deluxe motherboard but it cannot support my AMD processor, i am very low on money and i want Intel CPU cause i like to play and use my CPU a lot. like use heavy softwares that uses CPU and GPU much. My current CPU heats very much, on idle is 40C and when gaming or using heavy software it is 53C or above. can anyone help me out, i am desperate with this PC. HELP ME??? hehe

What HDD are you using? How are they set up? What kind of RAM? You're not really making much sense. We'll need more details.

This is your mobo, right?
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/880GMS-E3 ... v=Overview

Re: Heating
What case? Are your fans working correctly, especially CPU fan?

What kind of intensive software do you run?

Cheapest Intel for you will be i3+mobo which might be around $150 at least.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:47 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

The problem I'm also seeing here is that... 40C idle is typical for a processor on stock cooling and 53C or higher (but not too high) is also typical. If there's something wrong with the cooling solution, I would imagine the idle temperature would be worryingly high.

Like say a botched stock Intel cooler install when the processor sits at 90C

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:55 am 
Team Member
Team Member

LatiosXT wrote:
The problem I'm also seeing here is that... 40C idle is typical for a processor on stock cooling and 53C or higher (but not too high) is also typical. If there's something wrong with the cooling solution, I would imagine the idle temperature would be worryingly high.

Like say a botched stock Intel cooler install when the processor sits at 90C

I see. Unless something's wrong with my AMD sensors, my 1045T hexacore idles under 30 Celsius year-round or less than 5-10 degrees above Ambient temperature.

We'll need more details on the OP's setup to figure his problem.