Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help with finding the correct Case Fan & Size...?!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:11 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

A few questions for you guys. I need the size of a fan, opinions on buying fans and best way to set them up in a modded case.
--
1)

I know you measure from end to end on the fan. It's the rear exhaust fan I want to replace, I've modded the case for two other fans to help with airflow, but I need a higher powered exhaust now.

It's a HP P7-1003w

Measuring from end-to-end of the exhaust fan is 3 & 10/16ths or 3 & 11/16ths. (inches), which equals 3.6875 & 3.625 (inches) and that equals 93.6625mm & 92.075mm, respectively. (Less my math is wrong...)
(From screw hole to screw hole it's 3.5 In.)

It's hard to tell which reading is the correct one as the only measuring tape I have kinda scratched and marked up and it's either or in-between.

Am I to believe a 92mm fan would fit? OR...

Any insight you can give would be great...outside of buying a new tape, lol.
--
2)

Also, I would need some recommendations on some Fans, as I just sent back the two 80mm ones I bought, the Mascool 80mm. These were way too loud for the little air they pushed, I think the CFM was labeled wrong.

I need 2x80mm, preferably 25+/- CFM rated, but on the quiet side and 1x92mm(If that's the right size for the back.)
--
3)

The way I modded the new fans into that case was: I cut one hole on the top(80mm fits perfectly between the PSU and DVD Drive and I cut one hole in the slide panel(towards the front of the PC since my GPU is too tall to have fit it over the center/back area.)

What would be the best way to set this up so I have a good balance in pressure?
I was thinking the 2x80mm blowing in and the 92mm blowing out(My PSU has a fan that can help exhaust as well). If this is the best way, am I correct in thinking that the 2x80mm fans I get should have low RPMs and the 92mm should have a higher RPM?
(BTW, all these fans have to hook into molex, I have no MB plugs.)

Last edited by littlemikesc on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Help with finding the correct "Case Fan" Size...?!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

The very best 80mm is the Silverstone FN81. I actually have a handful of brand new and never used FN91's, if you want one just PM me.

Post subject: Re: Help with finding the correct Case Fan & Size...?!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I don't have any open pins on my MB to connect fans to and those Silverstones don't look like they come with Molex adapters....or do they?

Post subject: Re: Help with finding the correct Case Fan & Size...?!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Hmmm, hadn't thought of that. Should be dirt cheap on ebay. But I think they actually come included. Let me find my stash and check. Man, you need to upgrade that machine to 2013!