Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Replacement for Cyborg R.A.T. 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 am 

I purchased a Cyborg R.A.T. 7 a while back. About a year ago I started having issue with it. MadCatz has been less than helpful with it. Multiple calls to support and I was told to clean it, and they hung up on me before I could clean it and verify that it worked. Then next round I was told not to use USB3.0 port, and try different USB ports, and again hung up on before I could try and verify. More recently it will disconnect multiple times within an hour, won't track, and double clicks everything. I called again, and demanded that they replace it. I was told to put in a support ticket. Reluctantly I did, and THREE WEEKS LATER, *I* called to follow up on it, and they acted like they just saw it, and they were doing me a favor by looking at it! Another week later I received an email that they approved the warranty request, and I was to send it back (at my cost), and they would attempt to repair it, and if they were unable to, they would replace it.

So, I pay to send it back, they keep it for an undetermined amount of time, and if THEY decide nothing is wrong, they just send it back?! NO THANK YOU!

Needless to say, I want nothing to do with MadCatz and their products. The new ones look the same, but are now more expensive?

I am in need of a good replacement. I loved the R.A.T.7 (when it worked), but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on a mouse that barely lasts two years, with ZERO service. I am hoping that the good people here can offer some suitable suggestions.

What I liked most about the R.A.T. 7 was the feel and weight of it. I'm a light gamer, but I am on the computer 8-10 hrs a day between work/play.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Replacement for Cyborg R.A.T. 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Thus is why I just don't stray off Logitech. Luv the G5 now G500, but you're probably after something like the G9.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am 

Yeah, the G9x looks good. Interesting that your chart was from Newegg, and neither product is really available. G9 is sold out, and G9x I can get a Call of Duty Refurb...
The G500 looks good also, however, after fighting with the cable on this one for a while, I think I'm going back to wireless.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

If you want to cut the cord, not my thing, take a peek at the G700 or for even more support the Performance MX.