Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: $750 Newegg black Friday build
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:11 am 

Ello everyone, great community you have here! I recently (last night) freaked out a bit over the Newegg black friday section over PC components ad decided I'd get a Christmas build going. Might as well with all those discounts. I've been trying to do an eGPU setup as seen over on notebookreview and techninferno for a while for my HP 6460B laptop, and finally got near success, but decided I'd just bite the bullet and build myself a dedicated tower. Really can't resist with these prices. Basically, I'm just wondering if I have compatibility here. I'm pretty sure I do. I'm already decided on Ivy bridge, and the Radeon GPU I picked is one of the best for the money, so I'm fairly set on that as well. It beats a 660ti in bang for the buck factor immensely. See what I've got here and please, let me know if you see any problems or spots for big improvement. I'm going off of Newegg's black Friday sale exclusively, and I'd really like to keep it to their site for the sake of ease, return policy, and the free stuff they're giving me with my order :D. I'm really on the fence about the motherboard more than anything. It was on rebate and sale for $104 last night, but it looks like the rebate expired so now that $20-$30 lead it had over some of the MSI's is gone, and I'm open to anything byASRock, MSI, Asus. I'd like to stay with that chipset since I'm going Ivy. Besides that, any thoughts on the processor, mobo, GPU combination? For the money, I think it should be rockin'. I play a heavily modded Skyrim so the 2gb of VRAM is huge, and I'd like to play BF3 so the CPU is also important. RAM looks too good to pass up for $30. Lastly, the PSU is a little weaker than 'd like but does look like a good unit. Will I be cutting it too close with 560w at 80+% efficiency, or does the energy saving power of Ivy and a newer Radeon mean that that PSU is perfectly fine for now? I do have plans to crossfire or upgrade at a later date, but I can always up my power as well. Thanks guys, and here is the list! All prices given are approximate, after sale and rebate.

$30 Case - Cooler master elite 431
$120 Mobo - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
$190 GPU - HGPUI - IS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB
$40 PSU - COUGAR A-Series A560 (CGR B3-560) 560W ATX12V
$220 CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
$70 (!!) SSD - OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$30 RAM - G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)

Already have Win 7 license
Should I get the 2TB Seagate HD on sale for $70 for mass storage or just run the SSD for now? I won't need the space immediately...

THANKS.