Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Computer build, need help!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:26 pm 

Hey guys!
I'm building a computer and just wanted to know if the choices i made were good. I have purchased all the components aside from the video card.

Components:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i7-3770K (Quad-Core 3.5GHz)
Memory: 32GB- G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600Mhz - (F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL)
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB - (ST3000DM001)
Optical Drive: LG Internal Blu-Ray Burner - (WH14NS40)
Power Supply: Corsair TX650 V2 650W

Let me know how well this set up is, in general the computer will be used as a HTPC and a moderately nice gaming pc (no care for super crazy amazing graphics, but i do want nice graphics). Also please recommend what video card would work well.

Case:
For the case I really want to build it myself, i want it to be a horizontal sitting case, and made out of see through acrylic to be able to see all the components. I eventually plan on getting LEDs in the case to add a color show. But for now I created a Google Sketch-Up of what i would think the case should look like. I really need to mainly know if the idea for my cooling system will work, so if anyone has any recommendations on where to position the fans and what not that would be greatly appreciated!

And yes I realize there is a Video Card set up in the sketch, I just needed a large one to get an idea of the size, also the mother board is not the same as mine however it is the same size and there is a dvd player instead of blu-ray, but it is the correct size.

Pictures:
Front:
Top:
Back:
Right:
Left:
Top Left:
Top Right:

The way the case works is that there is a bottom (black part) where all the components are connected to it, then just the clear acrylic part at the top is removable (lid) and then screws to the bottom black part.

So if anyone could let me know what video card I should get and how to improve the cooling of the case that would be great!

Thanks in advance everyone!