Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Home server
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:17 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

My father has been looking into getting a mirra home server to add to our network. I think he wants to use it to store photos and music mainly and for the ability to access the data from anywhere with a connection. Now I'm wondering if I could build him a server of equal performace for less or even better performance for the same cost. I have access to windows server 2003 enterprise edition so I guess I could use that. Would windows server perform those functions? Any info on home servers would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:58 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Uhh, no server you build will get you this:
Data Protection for All Your Computers. Guaranteed.

Whether your hard drive crashes or you accidentally delete a file, Mirra is the best way to avert digital disaster. And the more computers you have, the more you need a Mirra. We’re so confident that the Mirra Personal Server will safeguard you against data loss that we give you more than our word. We give you our exclusive MirraGuard™ Data Protection Guarantee. (See details below)

Want peace of mind? Get a Mirra.

Terms & Conditions for MirraGuard™ Data Guarantee:
For three years after purchasing and registering a Mirra Personal Server, Mirra will assist the original purchaser who has experienced a PC hard disk drive failure to restore the data that was backed up on their Mirra Personal Server in three ways:

1. by providing technical phone support to assist in the data restoration process from the Mirra Personal Server to a replacement PC drive, or
2. if the over-the-phone guided data restoration process fails, by paying for shipment of the Personal Server to and from Mirra headquarters from locations within the U.S.A. only, extracting the backed-up data from the Mirra hard drive, placing it on DVD-ROM disk(s) and sending it back to the purchaser, or
3. if extraction of the data by Mirra personnel fails, by paying up to $1,000.00 U.S. Dollars to a third party disk recovery service of Mirra’s choice to extract the data from the Mirra hard drive, place it on DVD-ROM disk(s) and send it back to the purchaser.

Mirra’s good faith attempts to restore and recover the data in accordance with these terms and conditions shall be the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy and Mirra shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever. Mirra cannot guarantee that any data will be recoverable nor can it guarantee which data files are on the Mirra Personal Server. Data restoration or recovery shall be strictly limited to whatever files are restorable or recoverable and not what the purchaser believes to exist on the Mirra Personal Server. Only one instance of data extraction per Mirra Personal Server is covered by this program. Other exclusions may apply. See web site for details: www.mirra.com.

Yanked from http://www.mirra.com/guarantee/index.html

Then again, you could just build some RAID-XL server and get something similar.