Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DFI LAN Party Pro 875B
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:54 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

does anyone have the "DFI LAN Party Pro 875B"?

im looking for a good "mod mobo" (good looks, nice speeds) to replace my "give me a new problem every 1/2 hour" Intel D865PERL OEM pieve of crap and so far this things looks BEAUTIFUL and is apparently REALLY fast. i read two reviews which give some good numbers and show off the huge bundle, but i just wanted to get some second opinions who use this thing for more then just benchmark testing. ya know the gamers, modders, overclockers etc. this is one of the few apparently great mobos that will kick ass with my "less then cutting edge" hardware. good ol socket 478 and AGP :lol: so please, be honest. i dont really wanna spend alot of money and time persuading my banker *coff*parents*coff* to make a deal to get this thing within a few weeks.

again, be honest and give praise where deserving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:46 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Well, I've got a DFI A64 board, and I know that they are the premier overclocking motherboard manufacturer, both in quality and support. To read up on DFI straight from the source, go to www.dfi-street.com
This is a board run by DFI employees for end user support. If you read and search through the threads, you could most likely find the answer to almost any question you might have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:48 am 
Celeron
Celeron

I urge you not to "upgrade" to the same socket you have now. If you're into making things look good, make some cosmetic mods. The motherboard is considered fast because of its overclocking options and the 875 chipset. Its stock performance is basically the same as your motherboard. It does not offer anything else from your Intel board.

This "upgrade" you're considering is not worth it.