Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Canon printer & scanner replacement recomendation??
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I got a canon Lide200 scanner that can scan at 4800 dpi x 4800 dpi 48-bit. I got a canon PIXMA iP4600 printer that prints at Color 9600 x 2400 dpi. This printer take about 3-4 minutes from when a doc is sent to the start of printing. This is a real pain, it is in the printer firmware, not the computer driver, can Canon say there is nothing that can be done to correct it (design flaw). The actual doc printing is fast. And I got a big old fat fax machine I do not use much.
All this stuff take up a lot of desk space. I would like a all-in-one that has about the same specs, plus wireless and wired network connects work at the same time, auto doc feeder, front and rear blank paper loading, or front 2 draw paper trays. I do not care about SD slots or a little pretty lcd screen, or stand alone picture editing.
Anyone know of such a beast that will not break the bank? Newegg does not have enough power options search to narrow down choices like this, nor does 'printer finder' at PC-mag.
Thanks everyone :)

Post subject: Re: Canon printer & scanner replacement recomendation??
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:49 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

At $80, the Lexmark S415 can't be beat. Here are the full specs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Epson...<- 3 periods

If you're not doing photos then ignore the dpi as you just need 300dpi. If it's a common printer that do just normal work, you want an Epson Workforce Pro Laser. Lasers are cheaper than ink by far. You can get a color laser for about $250 if that matters, and will still outweigh the cost of an inkjet cartridge replacement within just one year.

It's just that most people don't utilize all these pixels and don't need them. I paid big time for a pro scanner/printer to back up my photos from Grey & Goose and really old family prints, but it's since just sat there doing nothing. The little AIO laser does the chores for the family. The Inkjet has needed 3 full refills for $80 a pop while the color laser is still 50%. I paid more for ink this year than I did the laser printer 3 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:41 am 

Lemark is going out of the inkjet business so watch out.
The ip4600 should not take that long to print .
Maybe you are talking about when it first starts and does a mild cleaning cycle.You can change from from the raw print processor or change the type of paper it is set for,
If you need an all in one Canons are very good but try and find one that uses the same inks as your or at least individual tanks for colors.
You only need 300 dpi(bad terminology should be rated at line per inch as well as lasers no such thing as a dot in a scanner or laser) to copy a full 8X10 photo.
If you are happy with the scans from your Lide 200 that uses a CIS(contact image sensor) element for the scanning.
Most still use a ccd(flouresent bulb) that will more than likely give you better dynamic range(for color accuracy)