Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MachSpeed Mother board/ Low end system
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:37 am 

I've recently set myself down the path of building a new system.. and as I stand back and take site of the multitude of motherboard manufacturers on the planet I find myself readily able to turn. run and perhaps hide in the 486 taking up precious closet space in the den. As such I've turned to all of my wise peers who choose to maximum pc as their coffee table manual of choice.

But enough dramatics.. heres the low down.. I'm looking to put together a basic box.. nothing fancy just enough juice to play some games and keep the girlfriend in hours of pogo.com popping fun. I prefer AMD however Intel looks like its cheaper and offers plenty of room to upgrade later.. my budget is extremely tight.. 150-250 dollars and the margin is slim.. The machine I am using now as embarssing as it is to say is a mere 766 mhz so its definitely (note that it is spelled correctly) time to take a step up.. until my budget loosens I was looking at a 1.8ghz celeron socket 478 ( I found one for under 60 dollars) and a Mach speed PT800DBP motherboard for 65 dollars (with a 30 dollar rebate :D ) Machspeed offers a life time warranty which really is to my liking however what is there performance like? I've never used a board from them and was wondering what anyone else might offer.

I apologize for the long winded speech.. any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:45 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

puting together a 'box' my not be possible with $250 maybe you can upgrade...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:50 am 

I'm reusing what I have... most of my equiptment is less then a year old... I have a new power supply I've never put to use and a new case never put to use... all I need new is Mobo, cpu and memory and for the purposes of memory I'm using PC 2100 since I already have a stick of 128 and a stick of 256 "laying around" So as I said my main focus is on the Motherboard and Cpu.

Thanks for reading the post though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:39 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

microcenter.com has:

celeron D 325 (2.53Ghz)
256mb ddr400
40gig hd
integrated graphics
dvd/cd-rw

for $320-$100 credit card rebate=$220

you have to apply for their credit card but it is 0% apr and no monthly/yearly fee or activation fee, and if you don't want it just cancel it