Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need help building a gaming PC - £750/$1100 ish budget
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 pm 

Hello all

3 years ago I foolishly bought a high-end Macbook Pro for around £1100, with the intention of Web Design and gaming. The specs weren't too bad for gaming at the time (NVIDIA 9800GT) and I could run games fine, up until now. Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 beta have made me realise it's time for a new PC. I'm quite tech-savvy and I know a fair bit about components, but I'm feeling completely lost when it comes to building a whole system. I've done a fair bit of research but I just don't feel comfortable buying all the parts by myself, plus a lot of the information on the internet is outdated. I am here now to ask for your help!

My budget is around £750/$1100 ish (I'm from the UK) and I'm basically looking for a system capable of playing current games (Diablo, GW2 etc) smoothly with high-end graphics. I'm not looking to build a monster system that will be able to play everything at solid 60 FPS on ultra settings, but something I can use without upgrading for a year or so and game comfortably.

I don't want to sound lazy here, but I'm looking for a compiled list of hardware that suits my budget and requirements (Just the system, I don't need monitor/keyboard/mouse/software etc). Any help you can give me is extremely appreciated, I just really don't want to get the wrong things!

Thanks in advance, if you need to know anything else, let me know!

Post subject: Re: Need help building a gaming PC - £750/$1100 ish budget
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:03 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

See: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/featur ... _june_2012
The BASE system would appear to fit the bill and has solid reliable recommendations. Eliminate those components you don't need and you're within your budget.