Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sempron 2400+ question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:21 am 

Hey there. I'm new to overclocking--fact is I never originally intended to, but my old system blew up, and I replaced it, since money was low, with an Asus A7N8X-X mobo, ddr 400, and a Sempron 2400+, spec'd to run at 1667--I threw it together, and mis-set the frontside bus and ram timings (this is the first time I've built a "system"), letting it run overnight.

Funny thing is, I have virtually NO cooling at all. Just the stock heatsink and the fan in the power supply, yet running at 2GHz, I saw a mere 2 degree (celcius) increase. It rarely, if ever goes over 50 C. Is this a safe temp, or was it not safe to begin with?

The last thing I need is to hose my lifeline to the world (computer does everthing as my television/dvdplayer/tivo).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:40 pm 

50 celsius is good. I am OCing a Sempron 2200+, 1500Mhz. Right now, It is clocked at 1935 Mhz stable. I needed some cooling, thou. I Dremeled the heck outta the case, put fans and intake holes all over it. I would say it runs at 45 Celsius, 50 at full load. Semprons clock pretty good. Ilm pretty sure you can squeeze some more out of yours, just consider increasing ventilation. No joke. What scares me though, is that many people with my same proc are not clocking that high, so consider baby steps when clocking