Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: maxing out my fx5200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:36 am 
Team Member
Team Member

yeah yeah, i dun need to hear about how worthless this vid card is but i need to last another 2 months, i kinda just want to max overclock

basicly all ill be playing is counterstrike

i got a jaton fx5200 128 mb 64 bit vid card
came clocked at 250/333 in the begining (said 400 mem speed on box tho :?)

i currently got it to 300/425 using coolbits, i normaly kept it overclocked a little but i want to go full out now,

its got a slot blower under it even tho i was thinking of mounting a spare 80 mm fan under it

i wanted to ask, what are some of the signed that i oced too much when playing a game becides artifacts and howto get out quck (takes a wile to exit CS with my computer) yeah im kinda a noob at all this but dont want it intergrated into my mobo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:50 pm 

CSS takes a while to exit just because it has to free so many resources when it quits. It has nothing to do with your video, just your general computer. try defragging...

As for your video card, if you only need your card for another couple months, then go all out. Max it until you see artifacts, thendial it back until it can run perfectly. Normally, you would lower it a notch below perfect, just to keep things safe and heat will be less of an issue. If your going to mount another fan, then heat is less, and overall card life is not an issue anyway.

Artifacts are pretty much the only way to tell if your card is maxed, but thats a good tell anyway, unless you have the time to mount a temp sensor under the core, and do the resarch required to find nominal temps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:36 am 
Team Member
Team Member

anotha question to add to that, im getting like 3900 at coolbits optimial oc of 304/443 on 3d mark 01 when i used to get 4300 b4, and now its imposable for it to get though an entire benchmark without ither completly freasing or freasing intill the end of one of the tests, should i be conserned

still no probs playing games exept it never goes higher than 60 fps in cs/hl from stock to oc speeds i think i got the fps setting higher to display more fps but its not showing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:49 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

Simpson5774 wrote:
anotha question to add to that, im getting like 3900 at coolbits optimial oc of 304/443 on 3d mark 01 when i used to get 4300 b4, and now its imposable for it to get though an entire benchmark without ither completly freasing or freasing intill the end of one of the tests, should i be conserned

You've hit your limit. Clock it down a notch and try again.