Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fittings : Watercooling
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:48 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Anyone see a reputable place to get some stainless NPT fittings? All I know to do is look on Jeg's or Summit Racing for them, but I'm really unsure if they're restrictive or not (looking at Russell brand). I'm looking for some stainless or chrome for the in and out of my Black Ice Extreme.

I think it's 3/8" NPT to Barb that I need, so if you have an idea of a good supplier, I'd love to see a link or two! 90-degrees would be great too. (if the straight barbs are restrictive, I can drill them out...but can't with a 90)

I can't find my pitch gage for the life of me, so this is my best guess. Just looks like a 3/8-18 NPT; am I wrong? The Danger Den site has two listings now and list them as metric...which I know it's not as I have some Brass jobies I found in my garage, and I don't keep metric stuff like this.
Quote:
Now with 12.5 mm (1/2 inch) High-Flow inlet/outlet barbed hose connectors. *Available in 9.5 mm (3/8 inch). Compatible with 9/16 thread O-ring fittings.
I have some of their TDX barbs (high flow fittings) that are 9/16 that don't fit...right size, wrong thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:09 pm 

Try Baker Precision, they make the best rubber adapters/hoses/elbows for racing on the market, and they might make what you're looking for. HTH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:39 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

yeti wrote:
Try Baker Precision, they make the best rubber adapters/hoses/elbows for racing on the market, and they might make what you're looking for. HTH.
Thanks, but from what I see they're a retailer of Earl and Aeroquip that I'm already looking at...

The issue I have with those is that the 1/4" NPT fittings usually go to 3/8" tubing in automotive applications, and Russell is the only vendor I've found that makes 1/4"NPT to 1/2" barbs unless you do some NPT-to-AN-to-hose end type rig...too much. I'm at a loss still, but I'll keep looking. Thanks...I needed another bookmark anyway:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:49 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

why would you want to go from 1/4 NPT to 1/2 barb?

I'm not quite sure if those are available, never seen one before. I know there's 3/8 NPT to 1/4 barb....look here
http://www.cpperformance.com/products/Hose/specialty-fittings.htm

HTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:58 pm 
M-Powered
M-Powered

might take you a while to find what you need, they're quite reliable and shipping is usually very cheap and fast: http://www.mcmaster.com/