Hello, I am working on my first build specs here:
    -case: hafx full tower case
    -cpu: Intel i7 3770k
    -heatsink: (fan that comes with i7)
    -gpu: GTX 680 evga 4gb
    -motherboard: Asus P8z77-v le plus
    -power: Corsair AX750
    -ram: patriot viper 16gb 2x8 DDR3

I am stuck now at the wiring stage of the build and I have a lot of questions.

Firstly I am unsure of how to attach the cords from my power supply:
to what appears to be a 8 pin hole on the motherboard that powers the cpu (hole labeled EATx12V):

Secondly I don't know if having these extra two pins from the power cord just hanging off my gpu is alright (cord labeled PCI-E):

Thirdly the only sata power cable from the power unit that reaches both my disk drive and hard-drive has 4 sata power
outlets on it. Is it okay to only use some of them and have others plugged into nothing?:

Lastly I'm having some issues with how to connect some of the case wires to the motherboard. I do not know what this wire
is because its only label reads "1394" although it resembles a usb in apearence:

Here you can see these led wires from the case but the motherboard manual fails to properly diagram the are where they
plug in (pic 1 is the wires pic 2 is the motherboard):

Thank you for any help given! Also if you know any helpful resources or where I could find someone
knowledgeable about building computers that would be appreciated as well. If this information is not
sufficient then I can make a video but it will take awhile to upload. My internet isn't great. Also sorry
about the large images if they are too big I can fix them but I thought having them large might help a bit.

Post subject: Re: First Build: Wiring Impass
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:21 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Quote:
Firstly I am unsure of how to attach the cords from my power supply to what appears to be a 8 pin hole on the motherboard that powers the cpu (hole labeled EATx12V)

You only need one, but you should plug in both.

Quote:
Secondly I don't know if having these extra two pins from the power cord just hanging off my gpu is alright (cord labeled PCI-E):

It is, otherwise it wouldn't be detachable.

Quote:
Thirdly the only sata power cable from the power unit that reaches both my disk drive and hard-drive has 4 sata power outlets on it. Is it okay to only use some of them and have others plugged into nothing?:

Yes.

Quote:
Lastly I'm having some issues with how to connect some of the case wires to the motherboard. I do not know what this wire is because its only label reads "1394" although it resembles a usb in apearence:

That's for Firewire interfaces. Don't plug that into your USB header, otherwise you may blow out the USB controller if you plug in a FireWire device.

Quote:
Here you can see these led wires from the case but the motherboard manual fails to properly diagram the are where they plug in (pic 1 is the wires pic 2 is the motherboard):

Are you sure the one already in the PWR header is for the switch? Otherwise, you don't need those per se, they just turn on the power-on LED on the case.

So yeah, if it's not plugged into anything, it's fine.