It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tedster!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:04 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Come on in Tedster.

Lets make a little contest.

I'm ok with first to 1 mil or first to top 200 or anything else really, we'll put your two machines and BBY gift cards against what I can come up with and battle it out.

Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Wow, you both are on my tail and gaining fast. Mind if I race with you guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

I don't mind at all! Just gotta get Tedster in here to set make a ruleset.

The more racing the more fun.

What kinda computer you running?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:00 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

mochong wrote:
What kinda computer you running?

fyi... you're suppose to ask & know that before you agree to race him :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:11 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

These races are always fun if you're lucky enough to find a forum member in range with similar PPD.

Just to make things more interesting, if you can settle on a goal, I'll offer a 50K prize to the winner :P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:20 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

JuiceJones wrote:
These races are always fun if you're lucky enough to find a forum member in range with similar PPD.

Just to make things more interesting, if you can settle on a goal, I'll offer a 50K prize to the winner :P.

Thanks Juice I will get Tedster in here to discuss ASAP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:36 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

A race to 1 million works for me and I am ok with whelderwheels613 participating in it even though he has about a 200k point lead.

I think we should limit our production to any computers we can get to fold for us in person. That basically means no trying to convince other forum members to fold for you to get to the 1 mil mark. Otherwise any computers or hardware at your disposal are fair game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:36 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Quote:
the other 3 are a gpu and dual core client in a PC I just built for someone at the office that I use to do overnight burn ins. Just like the other 14 from the last 50 days.

OK, but I do not have access to other computers like you do, so do not use those. If you added them, you would crush me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

That is fine by me I will just have any of the computers I need to do burn-ins on fold for the creamsicles since juice is giving 50k to the winner.

So only personally owned hardware first to a million wins?!? It's on!

I also suggest that we get some pictures of our hardware on here when we get the chance give the others watching something interesting to look at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:19 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

OK.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:51 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

mochong wrote:
That is fine by me I will just have any of the computers I need to do burn-ins on fold for the creamsicles since juice is giving 50k to the winner.

Okay, in that case, The federation will fold for Ted. Good luck! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:03 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Spider Monkey wrote:

Hey now, I wasn't taking sides. I have no affiliation with either team. I was only returning a favor of points since the winner was offered points. If you want to offer points then I will alternate folding for both the creasicles and the federation. If you just want to take sides with him and be a pain I may find it worth my time to get the 80+ PCs and 4 servers in my office folding for the creamsicles full time, since I am the local IT guy. It may even be worth convincing the corporate IT guys to get the entire company's 500+ machines to fold for creamsicles if you want to be like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:09 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

So, wait, let me get this straight. You have all this power at your disposal, and it's not folding for us yet?

Hmmmm.....hey Ted, don't worry about paying us back for the points, we're good to go!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:16 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

mochong wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:

Hey now, I wasn't taking sides. I have no affiliation with either team. I was only returning a favor of points since the winner was offered points. If you want to offer points then I will alternate folding for both the creasicles and the federation. If you just want to take sides with him and be a pain I may find it worth my time to get the 80+ PCs and 4 servers in my office folding for the creamsicles full time, since I am the local IT guy. It may even be worth convincing the corporate IT guys to get the entire company's 500+ machines to fold for creamsicles if you want to be like that.

They're monkeys, they can't help being like that. :)

And thanks for keeping the creamsicles in mind, you probably know we're in a big race against the monkeys this month, so every point helps.

Also, it would be an exciting day if you could ever bring the office online, regardless of whose name it's under. But I hope you think of us. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:18 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

bigtoyota479 wrote:
So, wait, let me get this straight. You have all this power at your disposal, and it's not folding for us yet?

Hmmmm.....hey Ted, don't worry about paying us back for the points, we're good to go!!

Well I just started folding a few months ago and oh did I mention these computers are at work. Where you know I have work to do.

Getting these machines folding for team 11108 is definitely on my to do list, since I only have my personal time to work on it it is a slow process. My personal computer at the house can obviously get more attention since I am not required to do other work while there.

The 80 machines I care for aren't going to make the hugest difference (aka slow), but if you want I am sure the creamsicles would enjoy the help winning their race with you guys. Ya'll seem to care a lot more about that than I do about beating Tedster

I have yet to talk to corporate about putting it on all the corporate computers, but if they allow it I will get them all folding for team 11108 eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:22 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Also you may want to ask Tedster if he want's the Feds help. Perhaps he is honorable and wants to race fair and square.

Perhaps he favors the creamsicles too since they are donating points to the winner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:29 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

I'm not taking any sides.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:35 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Tedster wrote:

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:45 pm 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Quote:
Tedster wrote:

lol

If you want me to, I'll ask them to.

Ted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:24 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

mochong wrote:
bigtoyota479 wrote:

Well I just started folding a few months ago and oh did I mention these computers are at work. Where you know I have work to do.

Getting these machines folding for team 11108 is definitely on my to do list, since I only have my personal time to work on it it is a slow process. My personal computer at the house can obviously get more attention since I am not required to do other work while there.

The 80 machines I care for aren't going to make the hugest difference (aka slow), but if you want I am sure the creamsicles would enjoy the help winning their race with you guys. Ya'll seem to care a lot more about that than I do about beating Tedster

I have yet to talk to corporate about putting it on all the corporate computers, but if they allow it I will get them all folding for team 11108 eventually.

You are taking us seriously, when you shouldn't be. Internets are srs bznss, yo.