Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:56 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

I got a laptop that I can convert to fold for one of you if you need it. It's nothing great, and gets about 30min per frame on the console client, but it might provide for some extra juice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:57 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Lemme guess....on July 23rd, you'll announce that you have 3 quad cores and promptly bury me in a flurry of WU's...that's cool, I'll be as much a man in victory as I will have to be in defeat.....but I won't be defeated!!!

probably (gulp!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:04 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Newbie1Kenobi wrote:
Lemme guess....on July 23rd, you'll announce that you have 3 quad cores and promptly bury me in a flurry of WU's...that's cool, I'll be as much a man in victory as I will have to be in defeat.....but I won't be defeated!!!

probably (gulp!)

Nah,,not ME??? :D I just have some old junk laying around that I threw together, a couple of old 6320's, a old Pent d duo,even a couple of old 939 3800+'s.. Just some tired old stuff ,,just like me. All wore out and spinning it's wheels.. :oops: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohhh, lookie here,, I just found another old 3800+,,gee,maybe I should add it too. then I might just get closer to ya yougin..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:07 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

ravenhawk82 wrote:
I got a laptop that I can convert to fold for one of you if you need it. It's nothing great, and gets about 30min per frame on the console client, but it might provide for some extra juice...

Thanks for the offer, but one of the stipulations is that we have to fold with our own hardware, no donators or borging allowed....whatever is in our homes....hmmmm, I need a brick a big truck and a map to the nearest Canada Computers...I only have about 4 hours...back soon :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:09 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Newbie1Kenobi wrote:
ravenhawk82 wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but one of the stipulations is that we have to fold with our own hardware, no donators or borging allowed....whatever is in our homes....hmmmm, I need a brick a big truck and a map to the nearest Canada Computers...I only have about 4 hours...back soon :lol:

Don't forget the MRS.N1K,,she said you could get those quads , And she said SHE would even pay for them remember !!! :wink: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:46 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

I tried reminding her....she has "convenient amnesia" Figures! Oh well....all four machines are up and folding, TOM...let the games begin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:50 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Newbie1Kenobi wrote:
I tried reminding her....she has "convenient amnesia" Figures! Oh well....all four machines are up and folding, TOM...let the games begin!

Typical,,she "forgets" quads,you "forgets" Honey Do's :!: :twisted:
GAMES :?: What Games :?: This is WAR :!: And war is FUN :twisted: :!: :!:
AHHhhh, I just love the smell of burning circuits in the morning :!: :!: :twisted:
Ohh,My four are up,,and guess what,,just found another duo core to add,and those 3.6 Intel singles,,well guess i should make sure those 6 still work huh :oops: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:37 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Great....you get more machines and I almost blow one up!! The wifes computer is up on the top floor. Last night I had it folding away, left it alone, came back a little while later to check temps (it runs a bit hot, methinks) So I look at the little utility......

71C!! ABORT FOLDING!!!

I'm surprised the silly thing didn't let all the magical smoke out. So, I have retired it as a full time folder...I may try running it at night, we'll see. No excuses, here, just the facts :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:05 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Newbie1Kenobi wrote:
Great....you get more machines and I almost blow one up!! The wifes computer is up on the top floor. Last night I had it folding away, left it alone, came back a little while later to check temps (it runs a bit hot, methinks) So I look at the little utility......

71C!! ABORT FOLDING!!!

I'm surprised the silly thing didn't let all the magical smoke out. So, I have retired it as a full time folder...I may try running it at night, we'll see. No excuses, here, just the facts :lol:

Gee,,whats wrong with 71 ??Mine run about 95 most the time under a full load ?? OHHyeahhh, you said in Celsius and mine's in degrees..gee, so sorry for the mix up :oops: :twisted: :lol:
BTW, Glad ya didnt burn it up,wife would have you sell you other rigs to buy her a new one :P :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 pm 
TOM - I just beat you to slipping past N1k - I just checked and he is WAY behind me - he is 397 and I am at 396!

N1K - you said you were down, you must not be all on line yet if you let me past. Beware of TOM's Pentium D he listed above - those can fold SMP at 30 min frames just like C2Ds with XP - believe me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:22 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

tiredoldman wrote:
Newbie1Kenobi wrote:

71C!! ABORT FOLDING!!!

Gee,,whats wrong with 71 ??Mine run about 95 most the time under a full load ?? OHHyeahhh, you said in Celsius and mine's in degrees..gee, so sorry for the mix up :oops: :twisted: :lol:
BTW, Glad ya didnt burn it up,wife would have you sell you other rigs to buy her a new one :P :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't scare me like that! I was about to call the child abuse hotline!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:42 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Roverdude wrote:
TOM - I just beat you to slipping past N1k - I just checked and he is WAY behind me - he is 397 and I am at 396!

N1K - you said you were down, you must not be all on line yet if you let me past. Beware of TOM's Pentium D he listed above - those can fold SMP at 30 min frames just like C2Ds with XP - believe me!

Rover dude,,IF I had stayed with my other folding name,,I would have been far ahead of you both by now. :oops: :P
But, to give poor little youngster a "Fair" Chance to win this, I started over from scratch with a new name . Just so the little fella can't come back and say it was unfair.
So, I'm just working my up thru the ranks all over again :!: :!: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:02 pm 
Well, TOM, I know that both of you are packing more horse power than me, so imagine my surprise when I checked the stats to see who I was sitting by. But I am not sitting still either...

I liken your race to be Obi Wan from Star Wars 1-3 Vs Ol' Ben Kenobi from 4-6. (Alec Guinness is the "real" one to me, so I am dating myself).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:50 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Roverdude wrote:
Well, TOM, I know that both of you are packing more horse power than me, so imagine my surprise when I checked the stats to see who I was sitting by. But I am not sitting still either...

I liken your race to be Obi Wan from Star Wars 1-3 Vs Ol' Ben Kenobi from 4-6. (Alec Guinness is the "real" one to me, so I am dating myself).

That's more true than you know....Obi-Wan (Alec) sacrificed himself much like tired did in our first race...can the young upstart maintain his lead? Who has a greater command of the Folds? Will I ever run out of bad puns? The answers are out there...I'm just too lazy to look for them. :lol:

Post subject: hmmmm
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:39 am 
Northwood
Northwood

well, since you guys saw the pic of my desk in the other forum listing. you can plainly see that I only have the four rigs. 1 pent 4 Duo, 2 6320's and 1 3800+, so,,i guess thats that !! heehee. there just aint no mo :!: :!: Ran outtta parts. hahahahaaa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:07 am 
Million Club
Million Club

Newbie1Kenobi wrote:
Roverdude wrote:

That's more true than you know....Obi-Wan (Alec) sacrificed himself much like tired did in our first race...can the young upstart maintain his lead? Who has a greater command of the Folds? Will I ever run out of bad puns? The answers are out there...I'm just too lazy to look for them. :lol:

But...but there both the SAME GUY :!: :shock: :lol: They all end up at the pointy end of Vaders lightsaber one way or another...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:02 am 
Northwood
Northwood

ravenhawk82 wrote:
Newbie1Kenobi wrote:
Roverdude wrote:

Ya gotta point there :!: (No Pun Intended) Dead Is Dead :!: :oops: :oops:

But...but there both the SAME GUY :!: :shock: :lol: They all end up at the pointy end of Vaders lightsaber one way or another...

Post subject: Look out,here I come !!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:49 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Hey Kid :!: Look in your threat list :!: :oops: Guess who just made the bottom of your list :?: :shock: I told you I was coming ,and I'm getting mighty close there youngin :!: :!: Watch yer hinney :!: :twisted: :twisted: It may say 4.1weeks, Don't ya bet on it !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UPDATED: July 9th. Moved up on N1K's threat list from #5 to #3 overnight !!
Now 3.5 weeks behind ya !!!!!!!
Better git a move on fella :!: :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, you was carrying on about me getting MORE machine's ? I only am using 4.
Just so it's kinda fair :!: :twisted: :P :P :P

Post subject: Re: Look out,here I come !!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:06 am 
Million Club
Million Club

tiredoldman wrote:
Hey Kid :!: Look in your threat list :!: :oops: Guess who just made the bottom of your list :?: :shock: I told you I was coming ,and I'm getting mighty close there youngin :!: :!: Watch yer hinney :!: :twisted: :twisted: It may say 4.1weeks, Don't ya bet on it !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW! You got a 1000PPD advantage over him! And with 4 machines!? Thats how many I have :!: :D 8) Time for some overclocking...

Post subject: Re: Look out,here I come !!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:32 am 
Northwood
Northwood

ravenhawk82 wrote:
tiredoldman wrote:

WOW! You got a 1000PPD advantage over him! And with 4 machines!? Thats how many I have :!: :D 8) Time for some overclocking...

:oops: :oops: I don't know how to over clock any rig. Last time I tried to OC a rig, I blew the CPU apart and shorted the Mobo (BIG Hole) and tthe Video card and the RAM. So, I don't even try anymore :!: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have till Aug.3rd to pass him :shock: :wink: NO problem :!: :P :P :lol: :lol:
His BOSS (Mrs.) Won't let him get better rigs, so this will be sooooooo easy :!: :!: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next