Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:24 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

g.m.waters (red ranger3) wrote:
well two from the 4 you think, is not bad

i am feeling kind today, so i will tell you that blondie has a list posted of all the collective team members, dont tell anyone i told you, i live within flinging distance of one of them.

The chimps are on their way to pay you a visit..... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:26 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

DentedCan wrote:
Well - since the monkey's lack the ability to compile a list of members, I'm left with a list of potential monkeys. That list includes, among others, SM, staypuff, King Fish, IamDeMan...

Now that I look at it closer - the monkey list looks identical to the pre-op transgender forum members list. :shock: The plot thickens!

You are about 5% right in all your observations.... I thought you investigated us so well?????? :roll:

There are many more monkeys that may not necessarily say Team Monkey above their avatars...... :wink:

And of course we can take a joke....... we like you don't we........ :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:37 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
arnt you supposed to be working, or sleeping or something, you show up to conveniently methinks.

well dropping the b.s. did you get your trip to vegas, this is a far more important question, or answer i should say.

and 2 new beers that are pretty good

blue heron pale ale, this a local brew and good enough to buy again

drakes ipa, another local brew, its not bad either, by local i mean right here in san leandro where i live, we will see how long sneezy takes to see this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:30 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Got some sleep last night and I gave myself tomorrow off..... sales are going up steadily but I don't want to increase it all of a sudden so we can work out any kinks.... I should be striving for the Vegas trip in October...... 8)

I'm gonna have to get to where you live so you can show me all these local beers...... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:25 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)

Can't wait for you to get those computers set up folding. :)

Congrats dentedcan. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:52 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

Spider Monkey wrote:
KingFish wrote:
DentedCan wrote:
Mad_Comp spent time trying to beg a bite of our bananas (he got none).

Mad_Comp is a monkey?

Nope. He did not pass the entry exam.

I don't care. For two reasons:
1. I am not a monkey.
2. I am not descended from monkeys or apes.

Simple enough?

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:30 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I don't have time to read this whole thread, and I don't really give a crap about it. Here's my post :)

DentedCan: Do you fold to cure diseases or to boost your self-esteem? Don't lose sight of what we're trying to accomplish. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

yurimxpxman wrote:
I don't have time to read this whole thread, and I don't really give a crap about it. Here's my post :)

DentedCan: Do you fold to cure diseases or to boost your self-esteem? Don't lose sight of what we're trying to accomplish. :)

Does it matter as long as he's bringing the folding power to help cure diseases....... Quit being holier than thou and piss off if you can't have fun and mind your own business.....

You ask someone (DentedCan) if they are trying to boost their self esteem????? WTF are you trying to do by posting after you say you don't care about the post just to slag a great team mate to try to put bonus points in your own little mind..... well my friend you just made yourself look like an ass..... We need teammates here not small minded people trying to prove their own worth by belittling (note that it may be spelled wrong cause I don't give a crap) others.......

You've just put yourself on the Team Monkey shitlist....... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:34 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Mad_Comp wrote:
You are different, Blondie. At least you will admit that you are likely to forget the "_", but others are not as nice. I will accept "MC", "MCG", "Nathan", or "MadComp", but not "Mad Comp".

Clear enough?

Nathan

Nathan, you'll probably end up with some sort of nick eventually, one that will stick. Same as gsmitheman, for me to type that out, forget it. I knew his real name but it wasn't made public at that time, so I started calling him "G", it stuck.

KingFish wrote:
I'm way too stingy to contribute to a collective. Besides, I'm currently outproducing the SM collective at the moment anyway. And, how many times to I have to publicly deny association with them? :o

Nice avatar

g.m.waters (red ranger3) wrote:
i am feeling kind today, so i will tell you that blondie has a list posted of all the collective team members, dont tell anyone i told you, i live within flinging distance of one of them.

I have to edit the 1st entry, but IIRC, all of the single names show who's a monkey and who isn't.

gsmitheman wrote:
Starting to sound like this thread might do better in the gauntlet folder. Seems to have the sound of the music played over there.

Don't be surprised if it ends up there. I almost moved it the other day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:57 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

staypuff wrote:
yurimxpxman wrote:

Quit being holier than thou and piss off if you can't have fun and mind your own business.....

You ask someone (DentedCan) if they are trying to boost their self esteem????? WTF are you trying to do by posting after you say you don't care about the post just to slag a great team mate to try to put bonus points in your own little mind..... well my friend you just made yourself look like an ass..... We need teammates here not small minded people trying to prove their own worth by belittling (note that it may be spelled wrong cause I don't give a crap) others.......

Easy there Staypuff. He made a simple post saying to remember that we're all doing this for the same reason; I don't see his post as belittling anyone; especially since he used :). He's not the 1st one to make that statement. A lot of us are here because someone we love was diagnosed with one of the diseases.

It's easy to get caught up in the chase, the rank; but when my dad was sick, the last thing I thought about was checking my stats. I can honestly say it's been about 2 weeks since I even looked at the collective page; but I think about my dad multiple times every hour.

Fun is fun, but everyone needs to remember this is a public forum. Think about what you type. Adding a smilie to a post can give it new meaning. I can pick out a few smilies that would make the post you made a little "lighter" We need every team member we can get; in the bigger picture, everyone counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:34 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Blondie wrote:
staypuff wrote:
yurimxpxman wrote:

Quit being holier than thou and piss off if you can't have fun and mind your own business.....

Easy there Staypuff. He made a simple post saying to remember that we're all doing this for the same reason; I don't see his post as belittling anyone; especially since he used :). He's not the 1st one to make that statement. A lot of us are here because someone we love was diagnosed with one of the diseases.

It's easy to get caught up in the chase, the rank; but when my dad was sick, the last thing I thought about was checking my stats. I can honestly say it's been about 2 weeks since I even looked at the collective page; but I think about my dad multiple times every hour.

Fun is fun, but everyone needs to remember this is a public forum. Think about what you type. Adding a smilie to a post can give it new meaning. I can pick out a few smilies that would make the post you made a little "lighter" We need every team member we can get; in the bigger picture, everyone counts.

Everyone counts????? If you read my post carefully instead of jumping on me right away you can clearly see I'm sticking up for everyone... this kid (using smilies or not) is basically questioning people that don't fold for the same reason he does.... this keeps being dragged out time and time again that you have to have some higher cause in order to make a statement in folding.... Well I'm in it for the fun and if DentedCan wants to bring 200 procs to a race with Team Monkey then that's the result needed to find a cure..... higher purposes don't fold proteins... lots of processing power does..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:45 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

staypuff wrote:
Everyone counts????? If you read my post carefully instead of jumping on me right away you can clearly see I'm sticking up for everyone... this kid (using smilies or not) is basically questioning people that don't fold for the same reason he does.... this keeps being dragged out time and time again that you have to have some higher cause in order to make a statement in folding.... Well I'm in it for the fun and if DentedCan wants to bring 200 procs to a race with Team Monkey then that's the result needed to find a cure..... higher purposes don't fold proteins... lots of processing power does..... :D

All I'm saying is your post was a bit harsh and could have been lightened up a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:03 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Blondie wrote:
staypuff wrote:

All I'm saying is your post was a bit harsh and could have been lightened up a little.

Duly noted.........

I'll go back to the cage for awhile....... damn zookeepers take the fun outta everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:16 am 
Team Member
Team Member

staypuff wrote:

As long as you're folding, it doesn't matter to me why you choose to do it. I just made my comment because he came out like a bottle rocket and seemed to forget what F@H is.

Like Blondie, I too am folding because I lost a loved one. My grandpa died of cancer when I was one and every time I here about him I know we would have been really close :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 am 

I would just like to point out the more wooden spoons are responsible for deaths each year than remote controls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:25 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

DreadedOne509 wrote:
I would just like to point out the more wooden spoons are responsible for deaths each year than remote controls.

You quite possibly just became one of my best friends...... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:27 am 
Team Member
Team Member

DreadedOne509 wrote:

Good to know! :P I'll try to keep that in mind next time Hitman's playing me like a remote in CS:S :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:29 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

DreadedOne509 wrote:

I'm sure you're correct, but I sure get to feeling nervous and my heart races when I can't find the tv remote. I like to hold it and have been known to fall asleep with it in my hand.

Garage door openers are only about half as effective for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:34 am 
Million Club - 5 Plus*
Million Club - 5 Plus*

gsmitheman wrote:
Starting to sound like this thread might do better in the gauntlet folder. Seems to have the sound of the music played over there.

The threads are alive with the sound of music...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:51 am 
Team Member
Team Member

smartcat99s wrote:
The threads are alive with the sound of music...

LMAO! Indeed! :lol:

Next thing you know, Blondie's going to be dressed as a nun and running up a hill singing that :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next