Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:32 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)

Keep up the great work MaxPC we are pulling ahead of those fakers! We have hit the 100k mark :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:32 pm 

Code:
monkeys             fake         real
current (points)     1170293    1126724
original (points)    1074580    1018228
                    ----------------------
done so far            95713     108496

goal                  500000     500000
done                   95713     108496
                    ----------------------
left                  404287     391504

WOOT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:51 pm 
~Team Member~
~Team Member~

Location: Stratplan RIP Bro, we've got your 6/Folding as Retired_Redleg
KingFish wrote:
there is no way to determine who is contributing what so it was left out

the simpler the rules the better

it looks like all the gloves are off now since macaholic has openly stated that he has jumped in on behalf of overclockers

And who's side did you pick to jump in there KingFish?

Quote:
Guess I should get to changing my boxes over too before the whole thing is over.
Hmmmmm??? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:00 pm 
~Team Member~
~Team Member~

It's now 0156 Wed morning, and I got this from EOC:
I don't want to get to enthusiastic(sp) yet, but this looks soooooooo sweet!! I'm hoping we can keep this Can o Whoopass going on them fakers until this is over. :D Look at them ppd for yesterday :mrgreen:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=94274

Sorry, I still don't know how to put links in forums yet. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:56 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

RetiredRedleg wrote:
KingFish wrote:
there is no way to determine who is contributing what so it was left out

the simpler the rules the better

it looks like all the gloves are off now since macaholic has openly stated that he has jumped in on behalf of overclockers

And who's side did you pick to jump in there KingFish?

Quote:
Guess I should get to changing my boxes over too before the whole thing is over.
Hmmmmm??? lol

KingFish is an honorable gerbil..... if Mac's 120 outsider cpu's make a big difference i think he may jump on board to keep it close...... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:19 am 

You are correct staypuff. I had a feeling from the start he would jump in. I also posted over there that I would try to counterbalance his contribution to overclockers. It's only 12 clients compared to his 120 though. I think I'll add about 7 more clients for you guys. It's not like you guys need it at this point though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:39 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

My Image

This is getting dirty if they are going for outside help with other teams, which should not be allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:04 am 

Blondie wrote:
My Image

This is getting dirty if they are going for outside help with other teams, which should not be allowed.

my 0.02

first off we never asked mac to come aboard, he made that decision on his own. I for one and I know my team are glad to have him as part of our team, and would appreciate it if you all treated him as nothing less than a folding_monkey. (lol, mac you better be ready to be talked smack to :lol:)

second, I think if anyone who has joined either of our teams for this race, mac is the most legitimate because of the fact that obviously he wasn't folding for T32 with his 120 cpus, so T32 is getting a points boost from it, and isn't that the second biggest point of races like this, to boost your team's production rather than shifting production around on it? I mean obviously the shifting of production within our teams is getting done, but it happens.

Last edited by the_garynator on Wed May 10, 2006 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:57 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Since we are all throwing our money around here is my .02

2. We put em out.
3. First one to 1/2 mil gets the Jaded monkey.

Simple enough??

I'm taking my .02 back. :)

-Thunar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:01 am 

Thunar wrote:
Since we are all throwing our money around here is my .02

2. We put em out.
3. First one to 1/2 mil gets the Jaded monkey.

Simple enough??

I'm taking my .02 back. :)

-Thunar

Agreed... Obviously production is getting shifted around, and there is really nothing we can do about it, lets just try to have fun for the rest of the race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:04 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

We shouldn't really care, afterall we are not only laying the big smackdown on the fake monkeys but also on their fruity friends, two ass kicking as the same time! Not to mention we're rolling over Rage3d in a few more days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:18 am 

KingFish wrote:

Lodis4 wrote:
Good call on the going outside the team call there Puff. They denied it to you and then later choked on teh words. hahahahahaah!

Blondie wrote:

mac has ben with team 32 bofore so i dont see how him joing the monkeys is unfair here is his stat link for t32 http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... =Macaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:29 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

the_garynator wrote:
Agreed... Obviously production is getting shifted around, and there is really nothing we can do about it, lets just try to have fun for the rest of the race.

Agreed 100%... Lets do it to it. :)

gramaton cleric wrote:
We shouldn't really care, afterall we are not only laying the big smackdown on the fake monkeys but also on their fruity friends, two ass kicking as the same time! Not to mention we're rolling over Rage3d in a few more days.

One kick catches two asses....Chuck Norris would be proud. :)

Rpkole wrote:
mac has ben with team 32 bofore so i dont see how him joing the monkeys is unfair here is his stat link for t32

Yes he has and using him is fine with me. I wouldn't expect anything less. You guy have done contests before and are well aware of what it takes to win. We are just trying to make a respectable showing :)

The more points the merrier.

Happy Folding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:38 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Rpkole wrote:
KingFish wrote:

Lodis4 wrote:
Good call on the going outside the team call there Puff. They denied it to you and then later choked on teh words. hahahahahaah!

Blondie wrote:

mac has ben with team 32 bofore so i dont see how him joing the monkeys is unfair here is his stat link for t32 http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/mai ... =Macaholic

Hey Rpkole welcome to our forums..... just a little catch up for ya..... I know that Macaholic has folded for you before..... this is what we call smack..... it's the taunting and poo flinging we were talking about..... now if ya can't keep up laddie back into the cage you go..... :P

We warned gary that this was gonna get nasty and he reassured us that you guys could handle it...... I guess he overestimated the faker monkeys... :wink: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:23 am 

staypuff wrote:
Hey Rpkole welcome to our forums..... just a little catch up for ya..... I know that Macaholic has folded for you before..... this is what we call smack..... it's the taunting and poo flinging we were talking about..... now if ya can't keep up laddie back into the cage you go..... :P

We warned gary that this was gonna get nasty and he reassured us that you guys could handle it...... I guess he overestimated the faker monkeys... :wink: :twisted:

It sounded more like bitchin' to me, if it would have been "look at the "fake" monkeys, they had to get help from outside of team 32" it would have been a different story, but it seemed to me that it was more along the lines of "FOUL! that's unfair! blah blah... cheaters!"...that's why we responded to it the way we did... As it has been said before, sarcasam/intent is really hard to get across on the net...

Anyway, this is turning out to be a very good race, much more interesting than I had originally expected. Keep up the great effort guys! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:06 am 
~Team Member~
~Team Member~

I'm hoping this isn't from anything I posted. I'm just trying to keep the pot stirred that KingFish started. :lol:

The way I look at it is that the TRUE winner in all this is going to be Stanford.

going to the sidelines now and keepin my mouth shut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:26 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

OK, have fun here. Enough with the taking this team help thing seriously....... that includes everyone!

Who cares who is shifting points, who cares who is helping whom. Throw poo, talk smack, enjoy the race but for the love of whoever you consider holy enjoy the f***ing race.

I do not want to be the guy who brings the thread down but please, enought with the whining about rules, holding back wu's, and who may/may not be helping whom. This race is going to end in just a few more days with the real monkeys soundly trouncing the fakers and I for one would like to enjoy the contest and not have to pick through any more trivial nonsense.

Thanks for reading,
Lodis4

GO Max PC!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!eleventyone!!!!!!!!!@!!!

Last edited by Lodis4 on Wed May 10, 2006 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:13 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

I agree with Lodis. They say music sooths the savage beast do I dug up this old post a made back when Team Monkey made the Top-100. I thought it may be appropriate to play again with all the monkey business going on. So here it is:

Hey its time to have some fun. I will go get my new Ronco CD "20 all time monkey favorites"

Here is a sample playlist:

PLAY THAT MONKEY MUSIC,WHITE BOY
I'll Never Turn My Monkey Loose On You
Mississippi Monkey Man
It Was An Itsy-Bitsy Teenie-Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Chimpanzee
God Rest Ye Merry Chimpanzees
Monkey On The Range
Monkeys in White Satin
L. A. MONKEY
Big Gorillas Don't Cry
I've Got a Monkey on My Mind
Musta Notta Gotta Lotta Monkey Last Night

And that all time favorite hit
TIE A YELLOW GIBBON 'ROUND THE OLD OAK TREE

Lets party :)

-Thunar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:18 am 

Thanks Lodis :P , Thunar, and others

I'm glad clearer heads are prevailing here. We don't want this good thing to denigrate into something that's well, not good. Ultimately we're on the same team the way I look at it.

Mac has folded for team 32 before. It's good that they have such a resourceful folder. That's great for anyone, any team, and the project in general.

Bringing in outside resources was not included in the rules because there is no mechanism in place to be able to detect who is changing machines, who has what, etc. Besides, both teams have the ability to recruit from wherever they seem fit (no illegal borgs of course), so as far as I'm concerned, let it be. Nothing can be done about it anyway. There's no point in worrying oneself to death about something that can't be controlled/monitored/etc.

On a side note, garynator, the spider monkeys don't mean anything harsh by fake monkeys nor are they bitching. Think of it as more of a term of endearment. :roll:

Both teams are doing great, far surpassing what I would have expected in my wildest dreams. I don't see a loser in this situation (well, except for the monkey paw recipient). Gloves are off, give it your worst. Let the poo flinging/smack talk commence.

Enjoy your contest, have fun at it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:39 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus*
Million Club - 5 Plus*

KingFish wrote:
Gloves are off, give it your worst. Let the poo flinging/smack talk commence.

Dang.... I lead lined our gloves too ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next