Well here it is ladies, gents, and most importantly.... Monkeys!
Those immitators over at Overclockers have tried to immitate the Monkey way of life. I think that as Monkeys go they are a bunch of hairy old men who need and excuse for bad hygene. They on the other hand think we, Team Monkey, are nothing but a loud mouth bunch of thread jackin', Chuck Norris lovin' monkeys that can't hang with the big boys!
Well as we all know there is only one way to settle this little dispute........ The Gauntlet!
This little competition will be called The Chimp Challenge!!!!
It will feature Team Monkey vs. the folding_monkeys from Overclockers in a race to 500,000 points.
No, there are not going to be monkeys in dresses for the losers........... not yet anyways.
But there will be plenty of poo to cover the walls and make for one tough clean up for the janitors. So here we are ladies and simians, bring your smack, bring your plastic bananas, bring your best and let the games begin!
for those wanting to follow
To follow the race -
Folding@Home race - current info
Folding@Home All of the race
Spider_Monkey - Stanford
Spider_Monkey - EOC
folding_monkeys - Stanford
folding_monkeys - EOC
official rules with the prize:
1. First team to accumulate 500,000 points from the start time wins.
2. Start time for the contest is Friday, May 5 th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time.
3. The victor gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey as the prize. Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this. The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing team is forbidden to display it. The losing team is bestowed the dreaded monkey's paw, which is said to be cursed. People have been known for have very bad luck with this paw Shocked
4. Team captains are as follows: Garynator from overclockers and Spider Monkey from MaxPC.
5. In the event of a close race, the Stanford site will be considered the official source for points information.
6. Have fun and keep it positive.
7. There cannot be a spike of more than 5000 points within the last 50000 points of the race. Temporary rule
amended on 5/13/06 until Spider and Garynator can agree if said rule is needed