Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:05 pm 
Team Member Top 100*
Team Member Top 100*

gsmitheman wrote:
Something tells me this will not be the last time we will ever here that.

Yeah, and I thought the theory of evolution states we are supposed to be becoming LESS like monkeys. :shock:

I guess it was only a theory.

~HS~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:40 am 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Location: I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it
wow 101st post here...

well it will be interesting to see how this battle goes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:00 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

WHOOHOOO!!! 102nd post....hehe....so who's gonna wear the dresses? Have y'all got em picked out yet? Make sure they're real pretty cuz we wouldn't want to terrorize the forums now would we???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:46 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

bigtoyota479 wrote:
WHOOHOOO!!! 102nd post....hehe....so who's gonna wear the dresses? Have y'all got em picked out yet? Make sure they're real pretty cuz we wouldn't want to terrorize the forums now would we???

Me in a dress would terrorize the entire internet.... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:12 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

staypuff wrote:
Me in a dress would terrorize the entire internet.... :shock:

LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:05 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

bigtoyota479 wrote:

I'm gonan take nekkid pix instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:32 am 

Spider Monkey wrote:
bigtoyota479 wrote:

I'm gonan take nekkid pix instead.

*shudders*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:36 am 

OK, I am going to take all the credit for this do if you don't like it too bad!

This race has boosted production on 6 members ot the point where now to get into the Top 20 Producers you must have almost 3000ppd. I have to give props to "G" for the Out-Box situation but the rest of the credit goes to Team Monkey.

Keep it up, Dino's and Monsters in dresses by Memorial Day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:49 am 

The Dino's have really picked up. Good job Lodis. :)

Now, cut off assistance to the Staff, and lets get these peoples!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:55 am 

Spider Monkey wrote:

Shit, I forgot about the Staff donation. That will be rectified by the end of the week, more ppd for the Monkeys!!

I am working on a secret weapon, hopefully will be revealed by the end of Feb. hehehe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:52 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Lodis4 wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:

Shit, I forgot about the Staff donation. That will be rectified by the end of the week, more ppd for the Monkeys!!

I am working on a secret weapon, hopefully will be revealed by the end of Feb. hehehe!

Wasn't there a movie in the late 70's early 80's where King Kong kicked the crap out of some dinosaurs.... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:55 am 
FoldingMonster
FoldingMonster

Home with pneumonia - left work at noon yesterday and went straight to the doc - he didn't even wait for the blood test once he saw the x-rays and listened to my breathing (if you can call it that - I feel more like an aquarium aerator than an air-breathing mammal at the moment - if you could only hear it!). Got some antibiotic I never heard of before (Levoquin?) plus a fat load of prednisone - doc says to me "You waited about as long as you could. Another day or two and you might have been to the point where antibiotics would have been going in by IV."

:shock:

I knew it wasn't getting better and, yeah, at times I'd been feeling a bit panicky trying to breathe for the past couple of days, but... wow. The line between "I can still go" and "We're going to admit you right NOW" is a thin one.

Gonna chill at home today (kinda) - got work to do (mornings are definitely better), but figured I ought to post here first since you Monkey Boys are hogging the thread. Judas Priest, just LOOK at all the poo around here...

Watch your AMD's, boys - all of us might be in for a good run - my X2 3800+ has been on that same string of Mini-WU's until yesterday... then one core picked up a 1481 while the other picked up a 2353... PPD is running around 633 combined, which is about 350 PPD up from what it was getting on those lame-o deadlineless Gromacs. Seeing those things coming up day after day was DE-PRESSING.

Same timeframe, Mrs MB's P4 1.6 GHz lappy picked up its first 600 in a while, taking it from ~60 PPD to 125 PPD. This machine folds 24/7 (all of mine do), and serves as our primary internet surfboard. It also serves as a Big WU catcher, i.e. when it grabs a 600 pointer, if my X2 3800+ is chewing on one of the smaller Gromacs, I swap WUs between the machines and maximize PPD (the lappy might drop from 125 to 60 PPD, but the X2 more than compensates by jumping close to 200 PPD... and I think it even manages to get both WUs returned to Stanford faster, so everybody wins).

Same timeframe, one of my heavy hitters - occupied elsewhere but still folding for Team 11108 - has returned from its call to honored service and is now folding fulltime for The Cave... MonsterBuilder! It's one of the first P4 3.0E 800 FSB that I built for a planned Linux cluster here in The Cave, and other than a poor choice of a motherboard (Soyo SY-P4VTE w/o dual channel memory capability), it consistently turns in right at 300 PPD running two instances w/HT enabled, one dedicated for QMDs and one dedicated for batch downloads of Timeless Tinkers. It's about to report its first 450 for The Cave today... :twisted:

Soooooooooooo... while I might be feelin' it for the next few days, my folders are going strong, probably better than at any time since I started. I think I've got The Cave pretty much vermin-proofed (that fast-drying concrete is amazing stuff) - not so much as a single pellet of rat scat to be found anywhere - no dead animal stench - no giant spiders - no popping circuit breakers... and surprising enough, with the comps keeping The Cave warm enough that I need no stand-alone heaters running in it (even with the outside temps under 20F at night) it actually might be cutting down on our gas heating requirements, since unlike previous years, the uninsulated floor of the main level is cradled in this comp-generated heat blanket from underneath... it was about 25F here last night, and we were perfectly comfortable with the furnace set at 65F.

All-in-all, I think we might be approaching the 100k per month level, sustainable indefinitely. And I STILL haven't got the quad-proc server running yet.

Hope y'all have yer wardrobe selections made... :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:12 am 
FoldingMonster
FoldingMonster

Lodis4 wrote:
do0d, you want a hub to take care of your ethernet issue? lemme know

it will be a packet sniffing hub, one that changes "monsterbuilder" packets into "Spider_Monkey" packets

lol, j/k. let me know if you need one though, I have a spare.

This is one of the few places where competitors give their rivals a boost, eh? I think I heard of something like this when I followed the Tour de France more closely - something along the lines of the top guy literally stopping until his closest rivals could get back in the saddle after being involved in a multi-bike pile-up. Might have happened back in the LeMonde era.

Lodis, I may take you up on your offer, and I compliment you on being a fine example of a gentleman competitor. [Nods head in tribute] 8)

But before I do... what I'm thinking (on further consideration), is about adding a wireless router to the mix here. I need to have wireless access for the office laptop, and that would give me four more wired ports to boot. It depends on how much cash I have left in the hardware moneyjar...

I have a Belkin PCMCIA wireless card that's Pre-N ready, so I'll probably go with a Belkin wireless... depending on that jar...

Unless Mrs MB has found it...

Don't hold onto it just for me if someone else can use it - I'll probably know for sure in a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:20 am 

staypuff wrote:
Lodis4 wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:

Wasn't there a movie in the late 70's early 80's where King Kong kicked the crap out of some dinosaurs.... :twisted:

Yea, his name was godzilla or something lame. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:30 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Location: Putting it all back together, and enjoying the hell out of it!
With QMD's going away for a bit, this race might start living up to it's title! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:32 pm 

mikemtp wrote:
With QMD's going away for a bit, this race might start living up to it's title! :lol:

HAHAHAHAHOHOHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHA!â„¢

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:10 pm 

lol, yeah we will get there 56 points at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:14 pm 

On the plus side Team Monkey hit 103,000 for the month of January. ..... and we have one more day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:15 pm 
FoldingMonster
FoldingMonster

Lodis4 wrote:
On the plus side Team Monkey hit 103,000 for the month of January. ..... and we have one more day :)

Well... I was all prepared to come down here and stir da puddin'... then I woke up and found out I was on a 56 pt per gulp diet.

:shock:

Mike's right, eh? Fifty-six points at a time... a million might take a while.

Lodis, I was all set for a 100k month myself... oops.

On the other hand, it sure makes this race interesting... it looked like we'd all pretty much settled in for the run... but now, who knows what it'll look like in a couple or three weeks.

It's actually more interesting from one perspective - used to be every morning I was looking at a WU numbered 1911, 1912, or 1910... on just about everything I'm running. Now I'm having to go to the stats page to find out how many points WU "X" contains. :D

[looks skyward... reverently...]

May The Folding Gods Bless MonsterBuilder With Many DGromacs! :mrgreen:

(or as many 148X units as possible!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:51 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Someone has to lose and their wife, Mom and sister may all be very petite.
I have found bargains on the Internet that those individuals may find very fitting to investigate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next