Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: To 1 Million!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:56 am 
Team Member*
Team Member*

It is still is awesome to have the challenge and I have enjoyed it though my wife wants to kill me sometimes since I will move her out of the way to check on the stats and clients, lol :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:04 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Yeah, it's a little addicting. I'm almost checking uptime and stats every 10 mins.

You are already gaining on someone else, I can also see another gauntlet incoming.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:05 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

As of this post, Wiked only needs 126 pts for a grand total of 1,000,000 points. Congrats and I tip my hat off to you.

One last thing, to help ease this loss would be to know the specs/settings while you were folding. Judging by the stats, I say you were churning out multiple WU consistently off of one client for the most part. I couldn't wrap my head around that fact that daily ppd was still higher than mine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:43 am 
Team Member*
Team Member*

My sole folding rig is my i5-2500K running @ 4.4GHz though with a better cooler I think I could hit 4.6 or 4.7. Of course the new addition of a EVGA SC GTX560Ti helped a bit not sure what its WU/point ratio is as of yet but now that the gauntlet is in the books I might drop out the CPU for a day to see what it could do. I have a complete rig build out in my signature in my profile.

Thank you for the opportunity to compete Airheadq! You have made this a very exciting and frustrating challenge for me. At times I think I pulled my hair out to trying to make sure all was well with the rig.

EasyE is @ almost twice my points but has said that I am on his threats list so I will continue to reach for the stars and grab another million point as soon as I can.

On a side note I think all of us are seeing a difference in our folding with the new v7 client. I have seen less efficiency in that I have turned in more WU but less points per WU. The overall point total per day is more but I would rather more complex WU that do more. Maybe the HPCS server has sucked up all the good WUs, who knows? As long as it is benefiting the cause I will continue to fold.

Does any one know a good client to run on my 9500GT? I tried the v6 GPU client and it crashed it so maybe I need a older one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:52 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

The V7 might have made the difference. I'm on the V6 (FAH Tracker) running a i7-2600K @ 4.2 w/ DS 560Ti and a GT 430. So I know what your thinking, how on earth could this setup lose. Well, there was a period where I wasn't folding since I was upgrading my rig. During this time I was plagued with memory issues and which put you up a sizable lead.

I'll pass you soon, but I'll have to tear down everything again.

-I have a 9600GT that was still working fine under v6 last I checked. I used the nVidia Viewer tray client with that one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:07 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

The gtx 560ti does 1260 GFlops/sec, the old 9600gt does 208 GFlops/sec, 9500gt does 134 GFlops/sec, your i5 2500k OC should be between 115-130 or maybe higher GFlops. I don't think the WU/points is going to be the same on all gpu's.