Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Question about graphical client...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:28 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: Binghamton University
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there was a way to just run F@H in the background, as a service, without having the graphical client icon in the system tray. I just installed it on my little sister's computer, and I'm afraid she's gonna mess around with it.

If i put a shortcut to the core.exe file in my startup directory, would that do the trick? or does it not function by itself, without the client program running? any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks ahead of time :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question about graphical client...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:47 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 2555
Location: Somewhere between compilation and linking
big_mak wrote:
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there was a way to just run F@H in the background, as a service, without having the graphical client icon in the system tray. I just installed it on my little sister's computer, and I'm afraid she's gonna mess around with it.

If i put a shortcut to the core.exe file in my startup directory, would that do the trick? or does it not function by itself, without the client program running? any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks ahead of time :)

There is probably a registry key that you can change to make it disappear. I have no idea which one though.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:53 am 
Super Folder
Super Folder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:23 am
Posts: 180
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
No idea. . . . might I suggest the CLI client?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:35 am 
Professional Dork
Professional Dork
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 12:44 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: Cornhole County
1) Download F@H CLI.
2) Put it in a discreetly named folder.
3) Get this program, which hides FAH4Console.exe from the taskbar and put it in the same folder as FAH4Console.exe
4) Rename FAH4Console.exe to FAH3Console.exe
5) Create a shortcut to hidefolding.exe and put it in the Startup folder of your start menu.
6) ...
7) Profit!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:29 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: Binghamton University
thanks for the replies guys, and i will try your suggestion later today, ghostwheel.

thanks again :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:50 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27385
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
big_mak wrote:
thanks for the replies guys, and i will try your suggestion later today, ghostwheel.

thanks again :D


Excellent question by the way. I was trying to figure out how I could get the Folding to run when my wife turned on her pooter without her knowing. If she knew about it, she'd say Hey! Look at the neat pictures! and then start clicking on everything. lol


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:55 am 
Max [Ph]otographer
Max [Ph]otographer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Posts: 5203
Ghostwheel wrote:
1) Download F@H CLI.
2) Put it in a discreetly named folder.
3) Get this program, which hides FAH4Console.exe from the taskbar and put it in the same folder as FAH4Console.exe
4) Rename FAH4Console.exe to FAH3Console.exe
5) Create a shortcut to hidefolding.exe and put it in the Startup folder of your start menu.
6) ...
7) Profit!



Are you an underpants gnome?

That's how they work you know,
Phase 1: Collect underpants
Phase 2:
Phase 3: Profit!

Lol, I love underpants gnomes, unless of course their stealing MY underpants! :shock:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:56 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: Binghamton University
HK-47, the hidefolding thing is working great, but i have one more question;

is there any way for me to use hidefolding and still be able to use those tags (-local -advmethods -forceasm)? the hidefolding thing only works directly w/ the console.exe file, and it won't work with a shortcut. thanks for the help, btw, i really appreciate it :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:14 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 2108
Location: I'm Not sure
i hid the graphical client of F@H by using a program called Reshacker. i then proceded to change all Icons to invisible ones. so now it runs in my dads system tray as a block that blends in perfectly :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:09 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: Binghamton University
i'll look into it tomorrow, toidiochysp.

it's late now and i'm too tired :P


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

© 2014 Future US, Inc. All rights reserved.