Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dropping down one more spot
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:44 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

How many of us watch the team standings? We are about to drop to 8th place. :-(

It's great that more people are folding :D But as a team we are going down one spot temporary I am sure.

Thanks everyone for what you do.

E

Post subject: Re: Dropping down one more spot
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:26 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

On the plus side, we're slated to overtake TSC! Russia in 3.4 years :lol:

Sadly I probably won't be able to keep up my current full production past the winter/early spring, but at least I've got a few months left! I think we need to recruit some arctic and/or antarctic folders who need the extra heat year round!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:47 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

I hate that these are great folding temperatures and I have been without my GPU for over 2 weeks. I should be contributing 220k ppd, and im only getting 20k ish.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:32 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

R3D88 wrote:
I hate that these are great folding temperatures and I have been without my GPU for over 2 weeks. I should be contributing 220k ppd, and im only getting 20k ish.

Hope you can get back in action soon! Being without GPU for that long is like a double whammy, no folding and no gaming!

I got slowed down this weekend due to shuffling some stuff around...and...well...this happened:

Spoiler: show

But gosh dangit, it's still folding (again). Actually, they both are, pic shows the side of my main PC...the 'guts' hanging outside the case comprises my current home 'server' (and sole summertime folder)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:58 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Location: Sittin' downtown at the railway station, one toke over the line.
Sorry AliusBU, wrong forum. This clearly belongs in the PC Modding section. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:06 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:04 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Hopefully you get that sorted out... lol, my rigs have looked like that before.

I got my gpu back a couple hours ago, so i should start climbing again and hopefully slow down any other teams in overtaking us. I am also going to be folding a bit extra this week since I built a PC for a client, and have it folding to watch temps until friday. He doesn't game, so no gpu, but it's got an i5 @3.2ghz, so that's good for something.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:31 pm 

Man, the guts blew right out of the case!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:40 pm 

I see that our points are down by about 3 million per day. Has anyone heard from the good Dr. or from lemurwrangler? Hardware.no blew past us at 17 million+ per day. The only thing that we could do was wave.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:57 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

I noticed to that lemurwrangler has dropped to zero. Maybe he got his water cooling early and is installing it. This seems to be a pattern with the Dr. , have not seen him post here in a long time.

E

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:58 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

R3D88 wrote:
Hopefully you get that sorted out... lol, my rigs have looked like that before.

I got my gpu back a couple hours ago, so i should start climbing again and hopefully slow down any other teams in overtaking us. I am also going to be folding a bit extra this week since I built a PC for a client, and have it folding to watch temps until friday. He doesn't game, so no gpu, but it's got an i5 @3.2ghz, so that's good for something.

Ehhh...I have a slightly different frankenstein running now, donated my old server motherboard and CPU to family, and gimping along until hopefully santa brings me something nice :) Folding is definitely a great stress test and way to score a few extra points when building new rigs destined for elsewhere!

clearview wrote:
Man, the guts blew right out of the case!

It's just a flesh wound! (I hope)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:26 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Greetings team!

Sorry for the point drop. Sorting out some thermal issues with one of the 780s and my main rig has been doing random restarts, which has been annoying me, to say the least.

Tis the season for final exams, and I've been pretty ragged these past couple weeks getting caught up (and still am not...) on grading and the like. Hopefully will have some time in the next week or so to get my folding rig squared away.

Still planning on setting up the water cooling loop, but that won't fully materialize till mid to late January. And, hopefully that will take care of my thermal issues... Right now looking at full card EK GPU blocks, EK CPU block, a couple of sizable rads, bay res, and all the goodies that go with it. I've got my parts list together, and off to family members who want to 'put something under the tree' for me :D

Planning on doing some sort of build log. I offered to bring it in to school and talk with the kids in the computer club about the machine, folding and water cooling. Last year, they build a pretty nice rig (some i7, GTX 680, Corsair CLC, Thermaltake Level 10 (white) case, as well as supporting gear and peripherals in line with the other gear), but nothing with custom water cooling, and not with the intention for use with F@H. I'll be sure to post whatever I come up with.

OK, these essays are not grading themselves... thanks for the shout, and I'll be up and running soon, promise!