Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: R.I.P. Aunt Jayne
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Just got the call from my dad that my Aunt Jayne was taken from us today.

Earlier this summer, she had a severe stroke, though she survived, she spent the entire summer in a rehab facility staring out the one small window she had in her room. She was making tremendous strides in her rehab, but the bleed in her brain started up again, and when the team investigated it more closely, they discovered that the bleed was caused by a large tumor in her brain. They performed emergency surgery, successfully removed the tumor, and planned a course of radiation and chemo to help sustain the absence of any remaining cancer cells. She did not take well to the radiation, and was brought home to be with family while receiving hospice care.

Once again, this vicious disease takes one who is near and dear without apology. Jayne was full of life, quick to laugh, an active outdoors woman, loving Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, Wife and Christian. Her faith sustained her through and her family though these times, and while we did not necessarily see eye-to-eye on this aspect of our lives, I was never judged, and only felt warmth and inclusion whenever I was lucky enough to be around her.

I will miss her, and feel sadness for myself, but where I feel the most is for my cousins who lost their mother and grandmother, and for my uncle who lost his best friend today. Jayne, you will be missed, and I know that your vitality, empathy, and passion will live on in all of those who you have touched though your life. R.I.P.

This is why I fold.