Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
Today I noticed that I now show up on the Top 20 Producers list for team 11108! I remember years back looking at that list in amazement of how much those people were able to do, now I am one of them! Although if the team were as active as back in the day, I'm sure i wouldn't be able to make the cut...

How about a small challenge?!? I know the forum is fairly void of active members, but if anyone sees this with the ability to knock me off that list, DO IT! Sure, I'll be a little sad to see my name drop to 21 (or lower), BUT I will know it is for a good cause, and I'm not producing any less in a lower spot.

Ball is in your court, GET FOLDING!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:32 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 906
Location: WI, USA
Congrats on "making it"! It's quite an honor. It is always to be included in with 'the best'!

Sorry, I'm 18 and my PPD is in the crapper right now for whatever reason. I should be around 12th if I were producing like I should. Hopefully my hardware will cooperate soon.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
Yea, I've fallen off already, but just because my average dropped since I haven't returned my 55k wu yet. I think I'm going to attempt to do a little more gaming on consoles too, I usually shut down my GPU folding for 1-2 hrs a day to play on my PC, but I really want this team to do a little better. We are currently producing enough to lose drop to 8th place eventually, but it wouldn't take much to start catching up to TSC!Russia and begin losing CustomPC & bit-tech, thus at least holding our position.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:47 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 12:27 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Taken it Easy
R3D88 wrote:
Today I noticed that I now show up on the Top 20 Producers list for team 11108! I remember years back looking at that list in amazement of how much those people were able to do, now I am one of them! Although if the team were as active as back in the day, I'm sure i wouldn't be able to make the cut...

How about a small challenge?!? I know the forum is fairly void of active members, but if anyone sees this with the ability to knock me off that list, DO IT! Sure, I'll be a little sad to see my name drop to 21 (or lower), BUT I will know it is for a good cause, and I'm not producing any less in a lower spot.

Ball is in your court, GET FOLDING!


I did a snap shot of when I got there too ( top 20). I will FOLD you out soon. R3D88 just try and stop me.. :D

Anyone else working on this challenge?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
EasyE wrote:

I did a snap shot of when I got there too ( top 20). I will FOLD you out soon. R3D88 just try and stop me.. :D

Anyone else working on this challenge?


AWESOME! Honestly I doubt others will, but I hope they do, and I hope you can! Get at it though, looks like you got a ways to go for that PPD.

Also, early congrats on that 10 million! Damn! You'll be there in a couple weeks once that PPD gets up.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:40 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 12:27 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Taken it Easy
I do need to change one of my computers back to Easye. Ill knock you out and then need to slow down for the summer....maybe? :?:

I will need to get some different WU also if I am to move up. 8)

It's to bad that you are the only threat on my list. About a year away.

Congrats on the million BTW, hope there are more to come.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:21 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
EasyE wrote:
I do need to change one of my computers back to Easye. Ill knock you out and then need to slow down for the summer....maybe? :?:

I will need to get some different WU also if I am to move up. 8)

It's to bad that you are the only threat on my list. About a year away.

Congrats on the million BTW, hope there are more to come.


Yea, ill be very slow when it gets warm, but Ill have another million or 2 before that.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:34 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 906
Location: WI, USA
I actually very temporarily fell out of the top 20. I've been having some issues, but I did pick up a spot (up to 43). My issues seem to be worked out now. I'm probably 21 at the moment and I should be dropping a ~70k WU in the 9am update [update: maybe it'll be the noon update :roll: ]. Freeze is on my butt and going to pass me soon, but hopefully I'll pick up another spot before he does.

In short, I'll knock you down a peg very soon when my average recovers.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:05 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
Seems I jump between 18 and 21 depending on when my 55k WUs go in. I've seen others like us Gero jumping too because of EOCs relatively short (1 week) period used to calculate average PPD.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:36 pm 
FoldingMonster
FoldingMonster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:47 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: My Rock & Stone Cathedral
Oh those were the days (Top 20)

I think I climbed all the way to the top spot during the Mighty Marathon

Wish I'd screenshot it!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:00 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
MonsterBuilder wrote:
Oh those were the days (Top 20)

I think I climbed all the way to the top spot during the Mighty Marathon

Wish I'd screenshot it!


Seems like youve been here a while, and have a LOT of points... so whats with the 1 million badge? you could go for top 250 or the X...


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:35 am 
FoldingMonster
FoldingMonster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:47 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: My Rock & Stone Cathedral
You know, I don't even remember.

I might have been so happy with the handle "FoldingMonster" that I forgot about upgrading my badge.

The handle is something that our #1, Number Six, gave me back in around 2006 when (I think) I briefly popped up to first place in daily production during the Mighty Marathon with the Monkeys, n0b0dykn0ws, mikemtp, Xenolyth, Al.... I might be missing someone..... anyway, it was a reward from the big guy. Gotta love those.

When I saw your post last night, I had to go back and reread some old PM's and posts to see if I could figure out what's what - I reread the entire Mighty Marathon thread. Man that was a great time. Even if I did wind up having to wear a dress.

Is there a 15 Million badge? I think I'm getting close.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:17 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 12:27 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Taken it Easy
R3D88 wrote:
Seems I jump between 18 and 21 depending on when my 55k WUs go in. I've seen others like us Gero jumping too because of EOCs relatively short (1 week) period used to calculate average PPD.


Looks like it might take me longer then I thought to pass your AVG. PPD :shock: I keep getting the smaller WU. Looks like I will have about a week to do it.

Lovely Phoenix will be 95 deg by this time next week. I like the weather just not good for folding. BTW we should not even be close to this hot until the end of April....

Not giving up yet, but if I need to turn the AC on the folding stops.. :cry: (Maybe) :evil:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
MonsterBuilder wrote:
When I saw your post last night, I had to go back and reread some old PM's and posts to see if I could figure out what's what - I reread the entire Mighty Marathon thread. Man that was a great time. Even if I did wind up having to wear a dress.

Is there a 15 Million badge? I think I'm getting close.


I've re-read some old threads too, I hope with everyones involvement, we can one day come back to that. I will try to stay around when not folding this summer, unlike years past.

I think its just 1, 5, 10, and 20. TOP badges are 10, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000. In my opinion, they need a top 25 also. going from 50 to 10 is a HUGE jump, especially because thats where the most dedicated folders are. It would be pretty sweet if they also made a special badge for willis.

EasyE wrote:
Looks like it might take me longer then I thought to pass your AVG. PPD :shock: I keep getting the smaller WU. Looks like I will have about a week to do it.

Lovely Phoenix will be 95 deg by this time next week. I like the weather just not good for folding. BTW we should not even be close to this hot until the end of April....

Not giving up yet, but if I need to turn the AC on the folding stops.. :cry: (Maybe) :evil:


I've been watching you (thats not creepy, right? :lol: ) and I see you have been doing better, but I'm really cheering you on for more!

I've got a small apartment and the PC has been doing all the heating the last couple days, I've had to open a window for a little air since it got a bit toasty the other day, but we are still way off from needing A/C here. We have not even hit 60 outside yet :cry:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:15 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 906
Location: WI, USA
Aahhh...
Good news (at least for me). I'm back in the top 20 producers (currently 15th, won't likely make it beyond 14th or 13th though).

Hey R3D88, you'd better step it up, you're still 21st. You're not that far out of top 20 still.

Good job on top 500!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:48 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
Ive been bouncing between 18 and 22. Hit 17 once. But yesterday was the first time I wasnt on top 20 that my ppd was high. Im proud of you guys making top 20 more than 75k.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
And thank you for the congrats! :) Hopefully my badge comes soon. I'd hate to be rocking the 1000 when I need a 250...


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:05 am
Posts: 541
Location: Sittin' downtown at the railway station, one toke over the line.
Spider Monkey will hook you up soon as he comes around.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:45 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 12:27 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Taken it Easy
R3D88 wrote:
Today I noticed that I now show up on the Top 20 Producers list for team 11108! I remember years back looking at that list in amazement of how much those people were able to do, now I am one of them! Although if the team were as active as back in the day, I'm sure i wouldn't be able to make the cut...

How about a small challenge?!? I know the forum is fairly void of active members, but if anyone sees this with the ability to knock me off that list, DO IT! Sure, I'll be a little sad to see my name drop to 21 (or lower), BUT I will know it is for a good cause, and I'm not producing any less in a lower spot.

Ball is in your court, GET FOLDING!


Well I never made it past 32 place. My computer was avg. over 100k PPD when the video cards got the 52,000 point WU. They seemed to dry up just after I tried to get into the top 20. :cry:

I will be slowing way down now it's amazing how fast we heated up this year.

Hope we can have another go at it in October, if needed. I did hit 10 Million :D

E


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Today is a proud day :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:47 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 am
Posts: 653
EasyE wrote:
I will be slowing way down now it's amazing how fast we heated up this year.

Hope we can have another go at it in October, if needed. I did hit 10 Million :D

E


Do what you gotta do, but just because you aren't folding this summer doesn't mean you have to leave us! I hope you stick around and drop your input here and there. I too will be shutting down sooner or later, but its still only 50s and 60s here, windows opened but no AC yet.

CONGRATS on the 10 million! That's a LOT of points! I see you have that 5 mil badge, you should go to request a shiny new 10! I've been waiting on my Top 500 for a week or so I think, so he's bound to check them soon.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

© 2014 Future US, Inc. All rights reserved.