Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: This or That
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:46 pm 
FoldingMonster
FoldingMonster

I'd go with well water if I still lived down home (Coastal GA near Cumberland Island) - we had a deep well in the backyard, and that water was frigid and amazing tasting. Not a hint of sulfur.

surströmming

- OR -

anything rotten from the dumpster behind sushi house

Having smelled surströmming up close and personal, I'm not sure what I'd choose...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:38 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

I don't know what's worse, the question, that video or the fact that I watched the whole thing. Seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Just a few weeks ago I discovered a very sad and foul site. My wife thought that our garage chest freezer was empty and had unplugged it to use the outlet. This was in March. When I went to get some venison steak I immediately started gagging and vomiting. That smell still haunts me and we had to get rid of the entire freezer.

So, that is the worst smell I have ever smelled.

I would gamble on the Finn fish.

lets get Jr. high in here

who would win in a fight:

Rambo

or

Dutch (Arnold from Predator)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

That stink video is funny!

Dutch would win. He would be bloody and limping, but would win bare handed. No doubt there.

Snow Ski

Snow Board

I am thinking of selling my ski stuff, not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:19 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Icebergs wrote:
That stink video is funny!

Dutch would win. He would be bloody and limping, but would win bare handed. No doubt there.

Snow Ski

Snow Board

I am thinking of selling my ski stuff, not sure.

I have done both but live in Phoenix so don't see the snow often. I say Snow Board, had more fun, but certainly different then skiing.

Dog

Or

Cat

E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:32 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

I vote for skiing. I like it more and I found it much easier than snowboarding. I didn't try boarding too much, but when I did I found it much more difficult than skiing. Skiing seemed more natural to me.

Now to think of some this or that...

I just got a shiny new Radeon 7970. It makes more PPD than my two current Nvidia cards, so...

Sell the two Nvidia cards to more than recoup the cost of the 7970

- or -

Try running with two cards (one AMD/ATI and one Nvidia)

I have Win 8 Pro installed and don't really have a ton of time for figuring things out or tweaking my setup at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:37 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

IceBerges got one for snowboard and one for skiing in less then 15 min...LOL 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:16 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

I guess that we can keep two going at one time. Answer the above or this one!

I'll vote for cat. I've got a cat, but have had dogs up until relatively recently. I don't have time for a dog. My cat is pretty self-sufficient.

How about...

Skydiving

- or -

Bungee Jumping

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:36 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Gero1369 wrote:
I guess that we can keep two going at one time. Answer the above or this one!

I'll vote for cat. I've got a cat, but have had dogs up until relatively recently. I don't have time for a dog. My cat is pretty self-sufficient.

How about...

Skydiving

- or -

Bungee Jumping

Skydiving, when you start you usually do a tandem jump, so there's someone else with you making sure you don't die :P

Townhouse

or

Apartment

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:07 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Townhouse for sure. They are built much better and you're less likely to hear the neighbors. Even if you're renting vs buying the townhouse wins every time.

Neil Peart

or

John Bonham

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Neil Peart One of my biggest influences, John Bonham is one of the greats too. But Neil would be my choice, if you want to beat the drums. There are others but that would be my choice out of the two.

Staying with percussion Watch and choose. Remember one uses two kick drums, and one does not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq684tmvd1A

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:58 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

I'd go with the dude in the white shirt, though both were amazzzzzzing! Thanks for sharing! I claim no great knowledge of drums or drumming.

You guys like your drums/drummers :lol:

For today:

Spiders

- or -

Worms

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

EasyE wrote:
Neil Peart One of my biggest influences, John Bonham is one of the greats too. But Neil would be my choice, if you want to beat the drums. There are others but that would be my choice out of the two.

Staying with percussion Watch and choose. Remember one uses two kick drums, and one does not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq684tmvd1A

I use that video to show Jazz influence vs Rock. Two monsters for sure, but I feel Peart gets the short end of the stick as he has much better performances.

This is my fav Buddy Rich performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_BmeBfV-O4

Ok, moving on.

I love spiders! I love watching them build a web or freakishly attack a snared victim. Me and the kids will even catch moths or other little insects and throw them into webs and watch the show.

Ribeye

or

T-Bone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:17 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
I asked this exact question just a page ago. but ribeye takes the cake. and yes walmart has better meat in their black black pack than the regular package.

pink floyd, better with or without roger waters. me, I think roger "was" pink floyd. when they separated it was like pink floyd playing without a head.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:46 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

g.m.waters (red ranger3) wrote:
I asked this exact question just a page ago. but ribeye takes the cake. and yes walmart has better meat in their black black pack than the regular package.

pink floyd, better with or without roger waters. me, I think roger "was" pink floyd. when they separated it was like pink floyd playing without a head.

Sorry... totally missed that one for some reason.

I agree g.m. Roger Waters "was" indeed Pink Floyd.

Somewhat political but should be pretty tame.

The US gives "Aide" monies to several countries. For example we give 1.8 billion dollars to Egypt every year. We give military weapons including aircraft to Israel.

Do you find these programs to be a necessary expenditure due to the importance of ally's in this day and age?

Or

Is this kind of spending that is wasteful when those monies could be spent here at home?

Or

Other response.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:42 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

I may seem callus, buy I say stop all foreigh subsidy, it never gets used for its intended purrpose and just makes individuals richer than they should be, never send arms or weapons of destructionm just food and medicine.

how about the 95 year old nursing home resident that was beine involuntarily taken for treatrment, tazed and bean balled then died later, supposidly was threatining residents and ambulance drivers with a cand and shoe horn. after the arrival oif the keystone cops, a 12 inch knive appeared from know where (also heard it was a 7 inch, which got him tazed and bean bagged taken to the hospital where he died within hours) the cops were commanding him to obey them, which h

are we going poice state or is it just stupid cops.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:58 pm 
FoldingMonster
FoldingMonster

Hey g.m., I probably shouldn't weigh in on this question, given that I am gravely concerned where our government is taking our country, other than to say that the notion that "I'm from the govt and I know what's best for you" seems to be a particularly virulent contagion that manifests itself at all levels of authority, including local law enforcement - I don't mean to be so "blanket" in my statement - in my experience the boys and girls in blue can still be very Mayberry when you get away from mid to large urban concentrations, but in the big city, they can't afford to take anything for granted.......... maybe that 95 yr old dude was Jackie Chan's sensi on PCP, but if not, it does seem excessive.

I vote Keystone

OK................

Space travel........

Will scientists one day uncover a branch of physics that allows us to cover great distances without breaking the universal speed limit (i.e. warp, hyperspace, wormhole via mechanical device, etc)?

- OR -

Will it be 40,000 years before the first human manages to orbit Alpha Centuri?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

I vote that in the relatively near future that humans will be able to 'beat' the speed of light. There are many hypotheses 'out there' that claim to be able to do it, but making it from hypothesis to reality can be troubling, to say the least.

How about this...

Operating systems...

Upgrade at least to every other one (xp -> 7 -> 8...)

or

hold out and stick with an old standby (XP; Vista; Whatever)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:01 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

well old timer that I am, this year I upgraded from vista 32bit to vista 64bit, and if the price ever gets reasonable I will make my last OS upgrade to win 7.

Danica Patrick

or Not.

Me, I only watch racing to see Danica fail again, such a waste of time. calls it a good day if she is in the twenties or hasn't wrecked herself and others like today. I cannot call her a racer just a driver. wonder how long she will last with a new CEO at go daddy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:52 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

I'm not a moto race fan of any kind. I do enjoy a local race every few years and I have great respect for the "sport." Just not my thing really. though, in my opinion, Mrs Patrick is a marketing stunt gone wrong... I understand she truly loves to race and showed some promise as a young gal, but like other sports, if you can't get it together during the big show, you're not the caliber once thought. So no Danica, if I need a pretty face to look at I look at my wife.

Walleye

or

Cod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:03 am 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

Walleye, love the Minnesota boundary waters fishing!

Netflix streaming

Amazon Prime

I am thinking of switching

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next