The official stance is: IF you can verify that it is the bug
& not something else causing the slow-down, then report your findings at the Stanford forum, dump the work unit, change machine ID (otherwise you're likely to get the exact same WU again), & restart folding. This is because, even though the WU completes, & shows as no errors, the data is in fact corrupt & of no use to Stanford.
How do I check if this bug affects me?
My PPD took a huge hit over the weekend even though I'm still folding full force.http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=124340
Holy cow, that's a nasty looking drop
I check progress several times a day, and am very familiar with what work units "should" be producing on my machine. The bug in question still leaves the CPU running at or near 100% utilization, but frame completion times are drastically slowed. For example, I know that the 600 point work units should run at about 1min 45sec to 2min 10sec between frames, but the bug causes the frame rates to jump up to about 8min to 9min per frame on my machine.
If you're running the V7 client, you can select either Advanced or Expert views from the drop down menu on the top right corner. This will bring up an extra box on the display that shows current work unit details including time per frame. If the bug were to show up on a work unit like the one below, it could have a dramatic affect on your production, especially if it multiplies the time per frame on every work unit it affects.
You can also use HFM to monitor & track work unit progress & history.