Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Want Full Sized GPU's to go with your 1U, 2U, or 3U server?
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

No Problem says Cubix 16 Channel 5U Rack Mount GPU-Xpander
Image Image
Quote:
The 16 Channel GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 (2x Compute Modules, 4x PCIe Slots) from Cubix is a Series II, 5U, external PCIe expansion chassis that can support 1-2 server connections with up to 16 graphics processing units. This enables massive parallel calculations independent from the server, thus enhancing system performance and flexibility. The GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 allows you to add up to 16.48 teraflops of computational power to your data center.
The GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 is specifically certified for use with the Cubix HostEngine but you can also connect to virtually any host computer with the Cubix host interface controller (HIC). Additionally, as the GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 separates parallel processing from the server itself, you have more freedom to allocate server assets to other tasks.

Crunch Numbers
You can turn your servers into computing powerhouses that can satisfy your quest for customizable speed by populating the GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 with 16 single-wide GPU cards.

Up to 16.48 Teraflops: 8 nVIDIA Tesla C2050 or C2070 compute modules means up to 16,480 gigaflops of parallel calculating power at your disposal.
Best for the Least: The GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 is a high-quality PCIe enclosure with x16 slots in one enclosure that is available with four nVIDIA Quadro 5000 GPUs for the lowest price.
Multiple Configurations: You can mix and match PCIe devices to set the right ratio for maximum application performance.
Flexibility: You can connect the GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 to two or four host computers. You can also install GPUs with top-edge auxiliary (aux) power connectors.

Install Almost any Adapter
The GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 is certified for use with the Cubix GPU-Blade server. It also supports almost any PCIe graphics controller or adapter.

nVIDIA Tesla C2050 / C2070 / C2075.
nVIDIA Quadro 4000 / 5000 6000.
nVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 / 4800 / 5800.
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 / 580.

Auxiliary Power Connectors
The GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 offers a cost effective solution with more value and flexibility for supporting a variety of GPUs or other controllers or adapters. Many GPUs require top-connected auxiliary power connectors, which the GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 handles with ease.

Easy to Own and Operate
The GPU-Xpander Rack Mount 8 PCIe Expansion Chassis is designed to concentrate tremendous computer power in a simple, scalable format that brings improved space, weight and cost-efficiency to your data center.

From the front view image, it looks like 2 slot GPU's are good to go as well as single slot GPU's.

[fantasy]Now I just need to win the lotto & put myself together a pair of 64 core server's & one of these puppies with 16 of the best single slot GPU's, then sit back & watch the points roll in... [/fantasy]

Post subject: Re: Want Full Sized GPU's to go with your 1U, 2U, or 3U serv
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:52 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

What an awesome waste of power (wattage)! For the cash to dump into servers & GPUs, I'd put together a few 4x G34 machines that 'sip' power and give massive PPD (we're talkin' 500k - 600K+ PPD for 500W-700W or so). By far, the best bang for the buck.

:roll:
But yeah, it'd be really cool to have a setup like that anyways! Given major funding, I'd go nuts and do everything*!

* Includes:
Spoiler: show