Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A long overdue check in
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:28 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

I've not been around much the last 6 months or so... a year really. A lot has changed, I just read about Gordon & rose... :'( Saw we're not in 6th place :/ but we're producing double the number of points a day then when I first joined :) I only have a couple year old laptop these days so I have not been folding. Although, as I just looked at my EOC states, I forgot I had my old computer configured to run FAH automatically so the rig I gave my brother a year ago has been posting 3k a day.

I've been putting off getting a new rig since being tasked to deploy, once I get back from Afghanistan I plan on building a monster folder and making up for lost time.

Glad to see so many familiar faces still around, even happier to see how many names I don't recognize on the million point thread!

Post subject: Re: A long overdue check in
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:31 pm 
Million Club - 10 Plus
Million Club - 10 Plus

I for one am happy to see old folders come back to folding. I thank you for your service..

Even with the new guys (like me) we are mourning the loss of Gordon, he was part of the reason a lot of us got into folding now.

Glad to see you back it will help this team get back to the numbers this TEAM had before. Take a look at the awesome, and frankly great out pouring of money, that will give him a spot in team 11108 for a long time. It has come from all over the world. And the dedication from a lot of folders has turned into a great thing for all that have the same interest at heart.

http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=137157

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:02 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Hey quickone, good to see your post. Though your a longer time folder than I am I'll say a happy welcome back.

And again, thanks for your service. Hope you'll be among the 27,000 troops returning in September.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:02 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Welcome back, quickone. Yes, much has changed. Now with the bonus system and credit given for big WU if you have over 16 threads in your CPU socket(s) there are many people on Page 1 World doing 1 million points per DAY. Check VJ's blog for some really great recently announced results from this project. Best of luck to you over there, my son is also soon to deploy. Stay safe and bring back all the pieces you brought over. We are praying and rooting for you all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:34 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Welcome back, (to both of us) I pray that your return from Afghanistan goes swiftly & easily.