All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:14 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Gadget wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
Me no see nothing.

Look real closely - your that faint glimmer of color right above the black horizontal line at the bottom. ;)

And I don't want to hear something about how your wife turned off your PC again, everyone already knows that the "sub-par performance" is because your computer caught an STD from all the postwhoring... :P

I'm not even on the graph goober. lol And I fixed the PC turning off at noon issue. :P

And I'm still catching you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:16 am 

Chumly wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
Me and the goat are love mates

Yup...har! I was looking at you and the goat's future and you guys will be very close to each other way up into the 2000+ days forecasts. What gives? One of you should do just a little more tweaking and battle!

I'm stuck at the moment, but can't you guys get a little aggressive with each other for a bit? I'd think that the goat/monkey war could be as great as the snake/mongoose.

Sounds good, but he's not folding any where near as fast as I am. I still don't get how the ranking falls into the stats. I folded 7 to his 1 the first week. Should be a good battle though because we both started folding around the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:41 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Belboz99 wrote:
I found that Gigabyte makes a nice board for 2 Athlon XPs. I could put two AMD Barton 2400+ Mobile in there and oc each to 3200+ speeds Those three things right there would run $343 w/o hsf's.

Then all I would need is some RAM, HDD, Vid, CD, PSU, Depending on what I get, that could run another $250-$350.

Barton Mobile or multi-processor? You can get the Athlon XP 2800+ MP's for about $170 to $190 each each. Tyan and other make dual processor boards for them - I don't think there are any quads available, which would be a great value in the FAH world. You don't need to OC either - this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Anyways.... just go cheap on the other stuff

ram - $80
hdd - you don't have an old small one?
vid - ditto, just get a $5 card
cd - $10, 52x at Fry's
psu/case - $50

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:57 am 
Super Folder
Super Folder

Belboz99 wrote:
Hmm, about $600 is all I need to dash away all of Spider's hopes and dreams of ever catching up.

I found that Gigabyte makes a nice board for 2 Athlon XPs. I could put two AMD Barton 2400+ Mobile in there and oc each to 3200+ speeds Those three things right there would run $343 w/o hsf's.

Then all I would need is some RAM, HDD, Vid, CD, PSU, Depending on what I get, that could run another $250-$350.

If I had a stable job, I would buy it today. I've got 2.2k in the bank :D
Eat that Spidey!

You could easily get away with 256M of RAM, and a reallllly shitty video card. HDD is also something that can be insanely shitty, as well as the CD-ROM (Anybody else still have an old 4x sitting around? :-)) The only thing I would get of any quality would be the PS. Never skimp on a power supply . . . EVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:58 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Spider Monkey wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
Me and the goat are love mates

Yup...har! I was looking at you and the goat's future and you guys will be very close to each other way up into the 2000+ days forecasts. What gives? One of you should do just a little more tweaking and battle!

I'm stuck at the moment, but can't you guys get a little aggressive with each other for a bit? I'd think that the goat/monkey war could be as great as the snake/mongoose.

Sounds good, but he's not folding any where near as fast as I am. I still don't get how the ranking falls into the stats. I folded 7 to his 1 the first week. Should be a good battle though because we both started folding around the same time.

You are folding more wu's, and Dan is folding wu's with greater time complexity. EOC has your daily production a little higher and your overtake number is 19 days. During the past two days, you've received credit for two small wu's and he hasn't turned in any, but he is probably going to turn in a 200+ point whopper on you (the fah server is down or something - I have a one waiting to be sent in too). That might push the overtake date out to 30+ days.

Very evenly matched....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:15 am 

I was wondering about that. I have one on each station that is unaccounted for in points. I figured there was a lag somewhere. Do the servers go down often?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:51 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Spider Monkey wrote:
I was wondering about that. I have one on each station that is unaccounted for in points. I figured there was a lag somewhere. Do the servers go down often?

I'm not sure - it seems like it takes the website an awful long time to update, but I don't know about the wu servers. Today was the first day that I noticed I had a wu finished and in a queue.