Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MP3 player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:46 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 40GB. Aside from the ridiculously long name its a great little gadget. Just wondering how much I can get out of it.
More Info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:04 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Nice MP3 player. I wouldn't mind having a HD based one. A few quick questions...What is the condition its in? How long have you had it? Why are you interested in selling it? It will be easier to give it an estimate that way. I'm a lil interested myself, PM me. :)
Marco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:31 am 

If you have a CF/Microdrive Reader in your PC it can read the drive that's inside that MP3 Player. Just tear the cover off and take the drive out and you'll have an extra 40GB removable storage for your PC. Neat little trick
I learned from techtv ($500 drive for $200 if it was new). Aside from that in your case it's free cause you already have the donor unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:15 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Wasn't that trick only for the IBM microdrives though? I don't think I'd want to try it thoguh because it'd be kinda slow for full duty like that.

Troyus - Had it for a while, bought it off a friend. Great condition, it's built like a tank. Has a leather carrying case too, so that has helped keep it nice. Selling because I need cash for a new HDD/Mobo/CPU/RAM/Vidcard :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:05 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Quote:
Wasn't that trick only for the IBM microdrives though? I don't think I'd want to try it thoguh because it'd be kinda slow for full duty like that.

Yeah, I believe you are correct. That was with the Nomad Muvo2 players by creative...The ones that used the 4GB flash drives by hitachi I believe...I forget now...And the performance would be slow...

Quote:
Had it for a while, bought it off a friend. Great condition, it's built like a tank. Has a leather carrying case too, so that has helped keep it nice. Selling because I need cash for a new HDD/Mobo/CPU/RAM/Vidcard Sad

Yeah, don't we all need some spare cash for all those upgrades :wink: . I could use them myself. I already have a flash mp3 player (NomadMuvoNX 256MB). I'm really happy with it, but it would be nice to have an hd player as well, I never got one coz of the price. I'm short of cash, and its hard to justify especially since I already have an mp3 player...If the price is right, I just might consider though...especially coz I live in the GTA, which is close...so no shipping... what price are you thinking about...you've had it for a while...and its second hand (good condition though). Oh, btw, I would have to install Nomad Explorer...it says on the site...So if a pc doesnt have that, it wont be recognized as an external hd?

All the best.
Marco
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:44 am 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Yeah, Creative refuses to let its devices appear as an external HDD, which is kind of annoying. PM me with an offer and I'll yay or nay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:08 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Quote:
Yeah, Creative refuses to let its devices appear as an external HDD
is there any way you can get around that? Well...I guess nomad explorer...its still a lil bit of a drag...oh well

Quote:
PM me with an offer and I'll yay or nay.

Sending PM now... :D