Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: FREE Motherboard, No rebate, No shipping, Just Free...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:43 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

I recently went through an upgrade cycle in all three PCs in my home. In doing so, I sold the motherboard in my roommate's computer. When I took it out to clean it and pack it, I noticed that a handful of caps apparently had leaked and were somewhat crusted on the top. There's also ever-so-slightly bulgy (the ones that leaked). So, I refunded the buyer as I wasn't going to sell it in that condition.

I've cleaned the caps off, but that's nothing more than cosmetic. Regardless of the previous leakage, the mobo has been pretty stable and actually one of my favorites that I've owned. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't trust it with data I couldn't afford to lose, but it would make a decent Folding rig, kid's rig, or otherwise budget computer.

So, up for freebie offer (and I'll pay shipping as well) is:

Soltek SL-75DRV4 Purple Ray KT266a motherboard
Supports up to a 2100+ Paly

I will give [PC]s and non[PC] seasoned veterans (dating back to Delphi) first crack at it. If there's no takers, then it's up for grabs for anyone, provided you promise you'll become a Folder (if not already one). :) If you want it, respond here, PM, or chuck an email my way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:48 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

I've got 4x 128MB PC2100 that I could donate for that. Here again, it would have to be used for folding. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:50 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Look at that, the deal is getting sweater!

Now if anyone would like to donate a 6800 Ultra, or heck, even a 6800GT, then I think I'll keep it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:56 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I have an AthlonXP CPU to donate to it. Once again provided the owner becomes a folder. I am not positive of the speed, but I think it is an 1800+. As far as video all I have is a Jauton PCI card I would be willing to give out. Maybe someone else could come up with a better display adapter for this cause.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:28 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

If you guys ship all items to one of you and put it all together, I'll give it a home and promise to leave it on 24/7 to fold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:45 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Juan Mendez wrote:
If you guys ship all items to one of you and put it all together, I'll give it a home and promise to leave it on 24/7 to fold.

Uh I don't think so Tim. The way this works is we send the items to the person. They build and fold. The hardware is free. I don't see anyone giving away labor here :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:52 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
i have to stick my 2 cents in here. if you follow the aussie team with 900 folders, you will find that they give away computers and parts all the time, the only condtition is it folds. it must work, they have 900 active folders. and produce 200,000 a day in points.

i usually have alot of extra stuff also tho not much thats current tech right now, an 800 celery, and another one speed ? maybe 600, powersupplys, 300 and 350s, at, atx, scanners printers, im going into business, the heck with it. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:36 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

i could throw an 1800+ to someone in need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:01 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Back at school, computers are left running in normal mode around the clock. It would be sweet that all Dells fold. It would be terrible if someone hack into the lab and use it as a massive spam engine.

I wonder if a cure is found, will the medicine be cheaper because the fed give a lot of grants and the actual work is done by other people and not by the doctors. Medicines would probably be super expensive when the members of this forum get old, so I guess we're just giving away free work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:04 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

For the vets, going once...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:49 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I call first ups if the vets dont ant it. I need a new folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:34 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

i'm not exactally a vet but all i'll need is mobo/mem i've got proc to make things easy and it'll sit in my basement folding 24/7. but for a vet i'll still throw a 1800+ in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:41 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Going twice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:19 am 
Team Member
Team Member

shit, my rig just fucking died which was the only semi decent folder in the house ... still working on gettin it back up, rite now im on my wife's boss's computer that im "still" fixing. (finally got it up and running earlier tonite.) if it's still up for grabs, ill build it, i got the rest of the parts needed to get it working layin around. then when i get my main rig back up and running i will have 2 semi decent folders running, but all i got runnin steady rite now is my mom's 500MHz P3 :cry: . i installed F@H on this computer earlier, hopefully when the guy gets it back he will leave it on a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:11 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Sorry XHaos, been waiting on a confirmation and got the address the today.

Parts are going to JOKERSWILD, or more specifically, his 7 yr. old daughter. We'll look for your Folding stats to take a jump once you get everything running, and if we don't see a boost, we get to rename your daughter to whatever we want :wink:

Thanks much to TWBalls and IamDeMan for stepping in to complete the build, and gramaton clinic for his generous offer.

TWBalls had an idea that we could turn this thread into a donation of parts for Folding. I'll run it by [Ch]ams when he gets back from doing terrible things to Tinker Bell and see if maybe we can get this to be a sticky.

EDIT: Want to give a special mention to Juan. You almost had the system, but the three of us kept bickering over which one of us got to put it together for you. Since we couldn't agree, the only fair thing was to move on to the next candidate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:46 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Thanks to One4yu2c, TWBalls and IamDeMan for the parts to complete my daughters computer. I would like to here from anyone for a name to use for the folding name, something with these 3 guys would be great. Like One4TWMan or something along those lines.

I'm Gordon Class and my daughter Katlyn is the recipient of this noble gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:11 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

JOKERSWILD wrote:
Thanks to One4yu2c, TWBalls and IamDeMan for the parts to complete my daughters computer. I would like to here from anyone for a name to use for the folding name, something with these 3 guys would be great. Like One4TWMan or something along those lines.

I'm Gordon Class and my daughter Katlyn is the recipient of this noble gift.

I think the name should be Katlyn ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:13 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

IamDeMan wrote:
I think the name should be Katlyn ;)

Wholeheartedly agree. Then you can let her know that her PC is helping to come up with cures, etc. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:43 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Katlyn it is then. She will like knowing she's helping she has a big heart. Thanks again and I'll post progress and maybe questions since this is my first build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:50 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

One4yu2c wrote:
Sorry XHaos, been waiting on a confirmation and got the address the today.

oh well man, as long as somebody gets it and folds with it. thanx anyways.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next