I'd like to sell my desktop computer. I built it in 2011, with intermittent upgrades, specs are below. I have a few questions, never having done this before.
1. What's a fair asking price? I was going to list it on ebay with a buy it now of $1200 and bidding starting at $800. Is that too much?
2. It has Windows 8 on it and I'd like to sell it like that (Also office, I still have the disk). How do I set it up like a manufacturer so when they get it, they set it up as a new user, but it still has the drivers for the graphics card and such?
3. What's the best way to wipe both hard drives clear of my data? I know it can be recovered after regular deletion.
• Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 - AM3 - AMD 880G - DDR3 - USB 3.0 SATA 6 Gb/s - ATX Motherboard
• Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0 GHz 4x512 KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail ADX640WFGMBOX
• RAM: G.SKILL 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz CAS 9 1.5v
• SSD (1 year old): OCZ Technology Vertex Plus 120GB 2.5" SATA II Solid State Drive (SSD)
• HDD: Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.5 inch Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive HD103SJ
• Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD5770 FleX 1 GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card 100283FLEX
• WiFi Card: TP-Link TL-WN951N 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter
• Case: Antec Three Hundred Gaming Case External 3 X 5.25; Internal 6 X 3.5 2*Usb2.0