Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Appraisal of laptop please
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:44 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I've got a Lenovo T430 that I'm going to sell and need some suggestions on pricing it. Here's the major specs:

*Intel Core i5 3220M (has the Virtualization technology) 2.6 GHz Dual Core (hyperthreaded)
*16 GB of RAM (maxed out)
*500 GB 7200 RPM hard drive (SATA 3.0Gbps)
*dual layer DVD burner
*14" LCD 1600x900 screen
*Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics & Nvidia NVS5400 graphics (I think it has 1GB of video memory on the NVidia).
*Windows 7 Pro 64-bit w/ Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (full OEM version--I purchased I was going to upgrade, but haven't so I'm going to include it with the machine).
*(3) AC Power adapaters (they aren't worth much, but I figured I'd mention them).
*Fingerprint reader
*(2) USB 3.0 ports, (1) mini-HDMI port, and the usual other ports (USB 2.0 ports, NIC card, card reader, etc)
*Battery is still very good. Runs for 3-5 hours depending on what you're doing
*Computer is a little less than 1 year old.

(I'm upgrading to a quad core because I'm starting to do more CAD work and overall it's good, but the NVS5400 is getting a little sluggish with large models, that and my CAD software still is partially dependent on CPU power as well as GPU, so this one has to go.)

I was thinking maybe $800-900 w/ the Windows 8 software, $800 without (I paid about $1250 for it new about a year ago. It actually has a 3 year warranty too).
Would adding Office 2010 Home & Student add any value either? (I have a spare copy that I never got around to installing anywhere). I'm just trying to reduce the difference between this one and my new one that I'm going to have to get (unless anyone thinks I can fit a quad into the T430--even a low-power quad is fine).