Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: In the closet
|The purchased keys will not expire unless activated, so you can just keep them in a safe place and apply a new one as they expire. I purchased 20 keys for myself, family and friends for $2.60. Paid with PayPal and got an instant email with all 20 keys.
Its a one time use only key (OEM). Cant keep re-installing it using the same key. I recommend using paypal. Also click on the auto-renewal option to disable that. If you did not and have already placed your order and received your keys, no worries. I have added instructions below to take care of that.
IMPORTANT #1: Once you have used paypal to pay and have received your key,
Go to your paypal account
Click on My Profile
Click on My Money
Click on Update for My pre-approved payments
Click on Avangate BV
Click on Cancel
This will cancel your pre-authorization for any future charges by them.
You will notice that you might have other merchants you have pre-authorized without even realizing. Now might be a good time to decide which ones you want to pre-authorizes and remove other merchants from the list.
1) Check the email that you received which has the keys in it. Below the email, click on the "..." to expand the email if things are hidden. You should see something like this...
To get further payment support for your purchase, please sign-up using your email address firstname.lastname@example.org to Avangate myAccount at https://store.bitdefender.com/mya...2cd88f00b8.
With Avangate myAccount you can:
* View order details and keep track of your online orders status
* Gain instant access to your online shopping history
* Re-download license keys/codes* and download invoices
* Manage your subscription payments (auto-renewal), if your product supports such an option.
* Renew the license of the purchased software when it expires
* Find support contact details such as phone and email addresses of software publishers
* Download the installation files of the purchased software (if Download Insurance was also purchased with your product)
2) Create an account to check on your order
3) Click on the My Products Tab
4) Under the Subscription status, click on Stop automatic license renewal.
These two methods will stop the pre-authorization from paypal for any future charges as well as stop your auto-renewal.
Last edited by kleinkinstein on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.