Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Appraisal Request
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 pm 

Old but fully functional components.

Asus P5B Deluxe LG775 Motherboard with Intel Core 2 Duo e6700 2.66GHz processor and Zalman aftermarket heatsink. Includes 2 sticks 1Gb DDR2-400 (800 MHz).

Was thinking $100 but perhaps worth more or less? The problem with it is components are hard to sell because either its an enthusiast looking for the latest stuff or its a typical consumer looking for a fully built system and this is neither.

Post subject: Re: Appraisal Request
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

It'll be easier to sell it all together and you basically hit the value right on the nose; Around $100 +sh. There's been a few similar listings around that same price range, but if you split it out, you should net around $35-55 for the mobo, $50-80 for cpu, $5-10 for the RAM and $10-30 for the cpu cooler.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:38 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I'm with Jbaz I believe (that's the motif for a while it seems). As a whole, this is a build that most users want today as a budget build. If you build it right again, you can get a bit of profit. Most people just want to cruise the internets, so give them the hardware to do it and set them up to not fail.

$200 + $100 for W7 HP OEM, and I think you have something here. Hard drives are pretty much preciouses now, so if you have one...fork it over to seal the deal. I and another geek friend at work had a guy balk just today at a $600 for a build, so go softly. If you can get a working computer out of this for $400, I think you're in the clear. (case, PSU, OS, support...people don't like not having those)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:51 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

^yeah, that's a good idea.

I used to go to my state auction and bought old dell, HP and compaq's P2, P3 and P4's for 25-125 a piece and rebuilt them. Most had their hard drive removed, but they still had working XP pro licenses on them. Add a quick, cheap hdd for $40 a pop from another auction (corporate liquidation firm) and sell the PC's fully working, configured and ready to go for 200-300 each without monitors. Even then, I had a guy that would sell me old 17" CRT's for $5 and the nice big Sun 21" flat screen CRT's for $20 a pop.

I actually just went through my attic and found 13 CRT's still sitting up there with 6 old PC's that I never got around to fixing up. Ended up just trashing them at my local recycling plant.