Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: another appraisal please...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

OK, this is one modified from the one that I had posted a few weeks back (because I have added and removed some stuff to the config from the first posting).

Here is the specs:
- Intel core 2 Duo E8400 processor (3.0 GHz dual core, 1333 MHz FSB, Socket 775 obviously)
- Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L motherboard (v1.0) full ATX
- 8GB of DDR2 memory (4x2GB sticks) running in dual channel (not that this affects the price any)
- 1.5 TB Hard drive space (500GB drive and 1TB data drive, both are SATA-II and 7200 RPM and have at least 16MB caches)
- Asus ATI Radeon HD4870 w/ 1GB of memory (PCI-E x16)
- 16x SATA DVD burner (LG)
- 500 watt Antec Earthwatts power supply

(the case doesn't matter and isn't really worth much, so I won't even bother mentioning it here, and it is fine--it's just an inexpensive $25 ATX case, that I think is fine as long as nobody plans to overclock or add water cooling.)

Looking for an appraisal for is the computer (as described above) without an OS....

And what would a basic 19" Dell LCD monitor run (used, but in good condition - nothing super powerful, just the basic monitors people usually get with a system from like Best Buy or WalMart)? I'm thinking of doing a bundle deal with the computer and the monitor?

Post subject: Re: another appraisal please...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:22 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Oh...my garage PC with a 500G drive added minus two GTS250's? $200 with the monitor, minus shipping.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

The parts are worth more than the whole. Check ebay to get an idea of what each part is going for individually.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:44 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I think what I may end up doing is just selling the board, CPU and memory together as a group (and only that--no video card or CPU cooler will be included in the combo bundle,though because I want to reuse my CM Hyper 212+ if I end up selling the thing in pieces)

I can see people are still paying about $60+ for the Core 2 Duo on ebay, and I'm guessing 8GB of RAM is still worth about $70-80 at today's prices. The board I'm sure isn't worth a whole lot---maybe $40-50 (it's stilll being sold new in some places for about $60-70 from what I can see).

I actually may hold onto the video card, because I don't really play games, but it may come in handy in my next build for video work and watching HD video (which it can pretty much do anyway, so I probably wouldn't sell the video card unless I sold the entire system as a whole).

So I was thinking that hopefully I could get maybe $250 for the whole thing (if sold in pieces). does this sound about right (

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:52 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

It's a possibility, but this time of year everyone is looking for deals so wallets are tight. You may also need to temper your expectations when it comes to the RAM too. DDR2 is more expensive than DDR3 these days, but there also isn't a huge market for it, so it's hard to anticipate what it may sell for. Realistically you're probably looking at about $200.