Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: estimate for a newer used computer
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:33 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

OK, I'm looking for an estimate for the following parts as a whole (as in, a whole computer, and then just the mobo, and CPU seperately:

Computer (put together and working):
*AMD Athlon II X4 630 - 2.8 GHz
*Gigabyte GA-M785G v1.1 Motherboard (with AMD 785G chipset -- ATI Radeon HD4200 graphics-- and SB710 southbridge
*1 GB of RAM
*Mid-tower case w/ 500 watt Antec power supply

Estimated value?

And...

CPU alone?
Motherboard alone?

I'd like to sell it as a whole unit, but I guess I can part it out too, so that's why I'm looking for both estimates if possible. No software, hard drives or optical drives are being included, so it's basically going to be a "barebones" system.

Post subject: Re: estimate for a newer used computer
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Assuming everything is lightly used, I'd peg the CPU at around $75 (it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-100 new right now), the mobo at $50-75 (this is assuming it's a micro-atx, I couldn't find that exact model online, but similar model numbers appear to be generally micro instead of full ATX, which might be worth a little more).

Taking into consideration ~20 bucks worth of RAM, a case of unknown quality, and a used (although decent brand) PSU, I'd guess the whole package could be something around $150 or $200

For comparison's sake, Newegg had a 'shell shocker' yesterday with an Athlon X2, micro-atx motherboard with onboard GPU, 2GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, case and PSU (no optical drive, if I recall correctly) and the entire deal with brand new components was $200. I think it was around a $50 savings from the regular price. Your quad core proc is certainly better, but less RAM and no HD counts for something too.

Hope this helps!