Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Joined the other day. This is first post just wanted to say
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:41 am 
Dear Forum:

I join the other day and I have been looking through the forum topics and I have a lot of them very interesting. I can say I am not very technical about computers. You could say I really am not a very knowledgable about the insides of the computer but I know a lot about how to use one.

I have tried out every program on my computer and far the most part I understand and I use some often but there are some that are part of windows that I have no idea as why they are there and why I need them. HA!

Just was told a friend if I wanted to learn about the computer come to this forum. I hope I can participate whenever I can and I can be a help when I can.

It does seem I can get a few answers here when I need them.

Thanks for being here on the web.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:45 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Welcome Dave...

LMAO! I'd like to know who your friend is and what drugs he's on.......

Naw, seriously... You'll get good answers here if you ask good questions. Remember that there is no such thing as a stupid answer. Just stupid questions from stupid people.

Good luck!

And as for your offical greeting....

Flytrap7 wrote:
STFU n00b!!!

And I suggest clicking here for a good overview of how to stay on top of things. ;o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:15 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Spider Monkey wrote:
And as for your offical greeting....

Flytrap7 wrote:
STFU n00b!!!

:lol:
Where did that come from? I've seen you and Urmumsacow use it, but never actually saw the post from Flytrap7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:32 pm 

TWBalls wrote:
Where did that come from? I've seen you and Urmumsacow use it, but never actually saw the post from Flytrap7.

Flytrap posted it somewhere. I have no idea where he did though. Maybe the free clinic for all I know. I don't even think he was talking to a noob. I just copied his quote one day and decided to see if we/I could make it famous. Of course that was the same time when Urmumsacow was trolling me so I started using it probably a little to much in addressing him. Then of course he started playing copy cat and the whole thing went down hill. lol

Anyhow. Its a nice initiation piece. If I could Trademark the quote so the ™ appeared outside of the quote for Flytrap I totally would. 8)

Edit to add... AH HA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:19 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Spider Monkey wrote:
Edit to add... AH HA!

Bwahaha. That thread is great! I can't belive I missed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:22 pm 
Well the movie was interesting.

I need a translation on the STFU NOOB but hey I will try to figure out what tread I need to post in.

I would hate to make someone sick if I posted in the wrong place.

I feel like a real newbie here.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:31 pm 

dbuitt wrote:
Well the movie was interesting.

I need a translation on the STFU NOOB but hey I will try to figure out what tread I need to post in.

I would hate to make someone sick if I posted in the wrong place.

I feel like a real newbie here.

David

Everyone was once. Except Jipstyle.... he never was.

STFU No0b = Shut the F*ck Up Newbie.

You'll catch on.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:51 pm 
WoW!

I am glad they think they have it all together. I would hate to tick them off when they are using their brain to read what I wrote.

They are not cool

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:17 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Don't sweat it too much dbuitt. The mindset in this forum is fairly young, so just keep a sense of humour and pay attention to the emoticons. Sometimes you'll see a really angering comment, but posted beside it is a smiley face which is meant to indicate its all in fun.

A lot of these guys and gals in here know each other from other forums or even personally. So when in doubt, just read and keep on going. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:19 pm 
Well I understand that there is always a few who think they got it all together and I do think it funny when someone give me the old initial garbage and They do not even know me from anywhere.

I do wonder how much they really know. I mean could I measure it in a cup or a thimble.

That is all I worry about.

After all if I really need computer help I want someone really smart.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:03 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

dbuitt wrote:
Well I understand that there is always a few who think they got it all together and I do think it funny when someone give me the old initial garbage and They do not even know me from anywhere.

I do wonder how much they really know. I mean could I measure it in a cup or a thimble.

That is all I worry about.

After all if I really need computer help I want someone really smart.

David

David, there's a lot of smart here. If you've got a puter problem, this is the place to be. As whitecree said, there's a lot of young people here- think my son Libra, even some younger. They like to joke around a lot, but you'll see even these "jokesters" are really knowledgable when it comes to puter problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:19 pm 
Blondie:

Yea I know I have to laugh at them because they are so young. They have head knowledge but no real manners. I guess I want worry about they do as long as I get my questions answered.

I wanted to tell you about Rachel's HP computer. She got it back on Friday and they said she had a windows boot up problem and replaced the fan and now it is back to normal. quiet as ever.

I did tell her to put ccleaner on her computer to keep it cleaned out from the junk that collects there.

I found out ccleaner works better than adaware or Spybot S&D. At least it does for me.

Of course I have Norton and the new a squared.

Better go

David