Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Specs for Builds on Website
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:13 pm 

I love the magazine but I wish you would add one thing to the website - specifications for your various builds.

I'm at work at the moment and I was trying to remember the motherboard you used on the $300 PC build so I could pull up more information on it. I have the specs at home (I'm a subscriber) but I didn't remember the product ID and I was hoping to be able to find it on your website. I can't. Now I'll have to go back to work. Bummer.

I'm not asking for the whole articles on the machines you build, just the basic parts lists.

Dave

P.S. You need to work on the navigation bars. Forums contains "Features" and "Opinions" which are not on the other pages. "Opinions" works but "Features" currently brings up a funky page missing most of the content.

Post subject: Re: Specs for Builds on Website
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:37 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

dave_p_1 wrote:
I love the magazine but I wish you would add one thing to the website - specifications for your various builds.

I'm at work at the moment and I was trying to remember the motherboard you used on the $300 PC build so I could pull up more information on it. I have the specs at home (I'm a subscriber) but I didn't remember the product ID and I was hoping to be able to find it on your website. I can't. Now I'll have to go back to work. Bummer.

That is what the forum is for. ;)

Go to the hardware haven and post a message with your need. Garonteed someone will see it, open their mag, and let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:21 pm 

Actually it's already on the AnandTech forums. I realize I could have asked but I feel it would be useful to have it as part of the website. It would also be interesting to compare from year to year, especially in the Dream Machine - how many years did it take the various components to go from bleeding edge to average to joke?

The specs are at:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview ... erthread=y

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:30 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

dave_p_1 wrote:
Actually it's already on the AnandTech forums. I realize I could have asked but I feel it would be useful to have it as part of the website. It would also be interesting to compare from year to year, especially in the Dream Machine - how many years did it take the various components to go from bleeding edge to average to joke?

The specs are at:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview ... erthread=y

Dave

I agree. It would be interesting to see how fast components become a joke after being top-notch.