Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Threads that suck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:57 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
4NICK8 wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
[

It has to do with the originating member continuiosly starting threads full of nonsense for attention.

Keyword - attention


From what I am able to observe, it seems like those who enjoy being unpopular, and troll to serve agony on the forum at large, seem to be the ones with the shortest lifespan.

Fair assessment?


Somewhat. I should point out that the Mods these days are generally very patient. Andy for example was actually given a good deal of latitude and chose not to use it wisely.

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Threads that suck
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:28 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27390
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
4NICK8 wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
[

It has to do with the originating member continuiosly starting threads full of nonsense for attention.

Keyword - attention


From what I am able to observe, it seems like those who enjoy being unpopular, and troll to serve agony on the forum at large, seem to be the ones with the shortest lifespan.

Fair assessment?


I would agree with that.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:39 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:17 pm
Posts: 5315
Location: northwest BC
(sigh) If they could just get it to download over a dialup a lot faster, I might be able to watch it.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:42 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27390
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
whitecree wrote:
(sigh) If they could just get it to download over a dialup a lot faster, I might be able to watch it.


Try this one.

I don't know if it is the same one because ebaums is blocked, but this one is funny as hell.

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:19 am 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:25 pm
Posts: 2761
Location: Washington, the state
Spider Monkey wrote:
whitecree wrote:
(sigh) If they could just get it to download over a dialup a lot faster, I might be able to watch it.

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html


404 :(


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:07 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27390
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
colby wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
whitecree wrote:
(sigh) If they could just get it to download over a dialup a lot faster, I might be able to watch it.

http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html


404 :(


Dang it.

That is the one that Rosco posteed WAY back. They must have moved it.

it was the Posting and You Billy flash. Funnay as all hell!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:17 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:39 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27390
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
MantaBase wrote:
http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

Manta


Redemption!

Tahnks for the fresh link Manta!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:33 am 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 2:25 pm
Posts: 2761
Location: Washington, the state
Spider Monkey wrote:
it was the Posting and You Billy flash. Funnay as all hell!


Yep! Same video.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:40 am 
Hired Gun
Hired Gun
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:29 pm
Posts: 6409
Location: N 47° 04.525 W 122° 17.315
WillSmith wrote:
No asshats. Period.


If you're an AssHat you get one of these
Image


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:32 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 am
Posts: 15220
WillSmith wrote:
No asshats. Period. Whether they're dissenters, or not dissenters.


There's a few people still posting here that are asshats. I live for the day they are banned :)

Hitman wrote:
WillSmith wrote:
No asshats. Period.


If you're an AssHat you get one of these asshat.jpg


Now that is too funny!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:32 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Posts: 1670
Blondie wrote:
There's a few people still posting here that are asshats. I live for the day they are banned :)

I agree. There are a lot of asshats that post here, but wishing to see them banned or living for the day that they are? Nah. It makes for a more livelier and fun forum in my opinion. Kicking out those kinds of people makes posting here dull, uninteresting and uninspiring.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:08 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
garetjax wrote:
I agree. There are a lot of asshats that post here, but wishing to see them banned or living for the day that they are? Nah. It makes for a more livelier and fun forum in my opinion. Kicking out those kinds of people makes posting here dull, uninteresting and uninspiring.


Having seen what happens to a forum when the AH's are allowed to grow freely without some weeding out, I don't agree.

Not that I don't understand where you are coming from - I do. But it needs to be kept in check. If it isn't, you will see responses to help requests in the FC like "OEM's Suck" or "You should buy a Mac".

True or no, not very helpful, not very inspiring, and not very interesting.

I'm all for heated debate - and fun - and the LL is pretty lax on the rules, but if someone gets out of hand, they should be banzored. And, while I rarely like to see folks go, for the good of the forum it must ahppen sometimes. I do see that someone might feel some vindication (and joy) when it does - if they got played the fool by an AH.

Just my 2 pennies.

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:42 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Posts: 1670
MantaBase wrote:
Not that I don't understand where you are coming from - I do. But it needs to be kept in check. If it isn't, you will see responses to help requests in the FC like "OEM's Suck" or "You should buy a Mac".

I understand and agree with you one hundred percent. There needs to be some kind of check and balance system in place to keep MPC a thriving, positive environment. However, my point of simply kicking people off the boards because someone personally has a problem or does not like them, regardless if they are an asshat or not, is incredibly irresponsible and childish.

Not saying that this is the case here at MPC, because it most certainly is not (the mods here do a wonderful job) just that for some people, I think they take things much too seriously and to want to see people banned because of it is sad indeed.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

© 2014 Future US, Inc. All rights reserved.